Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 05:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,204,278 times

Advertisements

Visited today. It's a typical WF - Great atmosphere, great food, high prices. Loved the cheese section- It had some that I haven't seen in other stores, but $27/lb cheese will have to be an occasional treat.

And cheers to the genius who thought of setting up a beer stand inside the store! Drinking a big glass of draft beer while strolling the aisles numbs the sticker shock.

I won't shop at WF for staples, but it's nice to have one in the neighborhood for when I'm feeling spend-y.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 06:26 PM

444 posts, read 582,439 times
no talk of the inadequate intersection to support this location. maybe they will figure out a bright idea to cut the left turn at 21 and divert all cars to go through a parking lot like target.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:48 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,497,050 times
Checked it out for the first time over the weekend. Prices are pretty high but they have their niche. I eat a mostly clean diet but occasionally have a craving for sugar filled snacks like candies and such. It was nice to see that they have a nice selection of sweets where you can pick and choose your own portions. What I hate about most traditional grocery stores is that unhealthy stuff is only available in large portions which adds to how bad they are for you.

I likely won't visit very often though, at least not until 485 is opened. Huntersville is quite the trip from University and the traffic at that intersection off 77 was insane.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:17 PM

72 posts, read 116,064 times
Quote:
(Technically they opened on Saturday & Sunday for a "sneak peek" but that cost $5 to get in. Imagine people paying to go into a grocery store.)
I think that Whole Foods in general, is also community-oriented. I would think that the $5 went to charity...'ask the manager. In that case, I would have no problem donating re the "Sneak Preview" event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte