Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 09:16 PM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times

Advertisements

Damn, we just moved here and very close to the Camfield Corners location. Very nice store and on the way home from work for my wife. Hope it stays open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 07:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Default BI-LO #5640, Terraces at Park Place, 9101 Pineville-Matthews Road, Pineville, North Carolina 28134-8840

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28226 View Post
Employee at BiLo 5640 says that their pharmacy is closing, but they don't know of plans to shut down altogether.
Sadly, BI-LO #5640 is closing completely. I hate to assume the five other aforementioned stores are closing.

What could we expect in a supermarket's closing? The pharmacy departments are the first to close. The other service departments such as bakery, delicatessen, floral, produce, and seafood and customer services provided are quickly discontinued. Remaining grocery inventory is heavily discounted for sale.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
There's also one on Mt Holly Huntersville Rd.

Carolina Knight, I'm confused...they are closing or they could be closing?
It appears the stores are closing indeed. The pharmacy departments are the first to close.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:26 AM

Default BI-LO #5156, Camfield Corners, 8620 Camfield Street, Charlotte, North Carolina 28277-2396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Damn, we just moved here and very close to the Camfield Corners location. Very nice store and on the way home from work for my wife. Hope it stays open.
BI-LO #5156 has been a very nice store indeed. It is sad to see it go.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:35 PM

601 posts, read 963,866 times
Wow, crazy that the one most closest to my house will be one of two Bi-Lo stores left in Charlotte. In other news, looks like the Aldi on Albemarle Road is being expanded. I see a work permit for it in Accela. Same with the one on Prosperity Church Road.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:41 PM

152 posts, read 193,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Sadly, BI-LO #5640 is closing completely. I hate to assume the five other aforementioned stores are closing.

What could we expect in a supermarket's closing? The pharmacy departments are the first to close. The other service departments such as bakery, delicatessen, floral, produce, and seafood and customer services provided are quickly discontinued. Remaining grocery inventory is heavily discounted for sale.
It's not that I don't believe you (I've had that store on death watch for awhile), but how do you know? Do you know somebody, or is this your best guess?

Old 10-26-2016, 04:24 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Yet another Wegmans thread for the Triangle. This time it's for a location in Raleigh. It's projected to be the first to open.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:59 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Yet another Wegmans thread for the Triangle. This time it's for a location in Raleigh. It's projected to be the first to open.
The Charlotte Observer briefly confirmed the Raleigh stores for Wegmans but said they have no plans now for Charlotte, according to a spokesperson. And while Raleigh may be feasible as an extension from Richmond, it may be a bit of a leap for Wegmans to come to Charlotte without adding another distribution center. It will be interesting to see if their long term plans will see Wegmans moving further south. I think if they decide to come to Charlotte, it would mean they may continue to Greenville, SC, Atlanta, and possibly Florida.

But with many transplanted residents from Virginia, Maryland, and Upstate New York, it would seem as if Wegmans would be well received in Charlotte. Time will tell.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:15 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,958,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

You up for a road trip to Wegman's when it opens in Raleigh?

Old 10-28-2016, 03:46 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
You up for a road trip to Wegman's when it opens in Raleigh?
Sure.

What sorts of things do you fail to find around here? It's gonna be a while before that Raleigh store opens.

To be honest, Richmond & Raleigh are pushing it from their distribution center in east jabip, Pennsylvania. I think that they're going to have to see how things go in Virginia & Raleigh. If Raleigh is a non-stop mobscene, the stores in the rest of the Triangle will only take so much of the load. I could see them putting another distribution center somewhere in an equally remote area of Virginia to handle Virginia & North Carolina with, maybe, stores in Myrtle Beach & Charleston, as well as Greenville & Spartanburg in SC. I don't see see them going further south for the foreseeable future. I think that their audience gets too diluted beyond those points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte