Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,204 times

Advertisements

We are relocating in 2 weeks to the Charlotte area. We are coming down in about 1 week to look at places and place a deposit. My job will be in uptown (downtown?). I think I want to live near the light rail for commuting purposes as it sounds as though the driving and traffic aren't great in the Charlotte area.
I was referred by a contact the these zip codes are ok for general safety and commuting: 28209, 28210, 28226, 28134. Also was told that the following complexes are decent/safe: Charlotte Woods, Johnston Creek, Plum Creek, Willow Ridge, The Villages, Waterford Square, and Sabel point.

There are obviously lots of complexes to live in so my contact can't cover them all. Any thoughts and opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozo68 View Post
We are relocating in 2 weeks to the Charlotte area. We are coming down in about 1 week to look at places and place a deposit. My job will be in uptown (downtown?). I think I want to live near the light rail for commuting purposes as it sounds as though the driving and traffic aren't great in the Charlotte area.
I was referred by a contact the these zip codes are ok for general safety and commuting: 28209, 28210, 28226, 28134. Also was told that the following complexes are decent/safe: Charlotte Woods, Johnston Creek, Plum Creek, Willow Ridge, The Villages, Waterford Square, and Sabel point.

There are obviously lots of complexes to live in so my contact can't cover them all. Any thoughts and opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I do know Sabel Point is pretty sketchy. Waterford Square isn't too bad. If you are being directed to that area, I would suggest skipping over to Ballantyne where you will have easy access to everything and the quality of life is well above par. Is that where the Villages is located--in Ballantyne?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:34 AM

Default The Villages

I am not real sure as the address says Charlotte, NC 28210-1600 Village Brook Drive. It looks to be near 485 and Sterling?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozo68 View Post
I am not real sure as the address says Charlotte, NC 28210-1600 Village Brook Drive. It looks to be near 485 and Sterling?
The Villages Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Charlotte apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Crime in Charlotte * Message Board - Crimes Reported on 01/13/08

Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times
Sunny, didn't you just post a sticky about giving a synopsis or opinion on links posted? It took me a minute to figure out the relevance of the link. So the Villages are in Steele Creek I'm assuming?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:13 PM

616 posts, read 1,751,757 times
I live in Colonial Village at Meadow Creek, in Pineville. Have been here for 4 months, so obviously I can't speak from the POV of a long term resident.

I am in a one bedroom apartment on a "ground" floor (not below grade, rather up 6 steps from the sidewalk). It has been very quiet - no loud domestic squabbles, no cars racing around, no one blaring music. My car has been safe and I felt comfortable going away for several days several times a month. The grounds are picked up of trash every morning. Management has been quite responsive to my questions and requests.

It is not a glamorous complex; I chose it because it was inexpensive and the premium for a six month lease was reasonable ($644 a month, which includes cable). Unless you want brand new appliances you might find it worth looking at.

Many apartment complexes are running specials right now, as the winter period really slows down for rentals. Keep your eyes open for that possibility.

P.S. I use the light rail every day to Uptown - it's a blessing! Love it!

Old 01-26-2008, 04:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Sunny, didn't you just post a sticky about giving a synopsis or opinion on links posted? It took me a minute to figure out the relevance of the link. So the Villages are in Steele Creek I'm assuming?
true do your homework on the villages since that was recommended

Old 01-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Default The Villages

Well, I went to this web site and started research all the apartments I had listed before and not many of them had good ratings overall. So now I am more torn than before. It seems that most of the complaints are regarding mgt and maint issues. So now I guess I am looking for more posts on good experiences in complexes near the rail. Any thoughts on Aspen Peak as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: