Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:41 PM

6 posts, read 4,228 times

Advertisements

My GIrl friend has 2 kids and is expecting a third about 20 weeks in. I am having these down moments every so often thinking about what would happen with her the kids and her baby daddy of the newest baby. I love this girl. I am asking anyone to help give me advice on what I can do to keep these thoughts out of my head and be the man I should be for the kids and my gf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 06:49 PM

54 posts, read 65,590 times
Put the baby up for adoption and get on birth control.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:26 PM

She isn't gonna put it up for adoption but after the baby is born she is gonna get on birth control but still it isn't gonna help my issue

Old 01-07-2016, 06:05 AM

142 posts, read 255,439 times
Tough to give advice when none of us know you, your girlfriend, her relationship with the biological father, your history together, etc.

BUT - I would say you really need to communicate with your girlfriend about your concerns and how you both are looking at the future together. Plan a time that you 2 can sit down and go over both of your expectations and what you are looking for.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 AM

847 posts, read 1,351,294 times
So you are dating a girl with two kids (how old are they?) and another on the way?

How long have you been dating her?

How long have you known her?

How many "baby daddies" is there to these three kids?

It's tough to give advice with so little information to go on.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:13 PM

373 posts, read 778,498 times
Somebody better have a job, or it won't matter how anyone feels.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 PM

3 kids 3 baby daddy's dated her for 6 months she's been pregnant for 7 months I have known her for almost a year the kids are 14 months and 2 years 3 months and pregnant 7 months. The reason I am posting this is bc I need advice on how to deal with the kids and her being pregnant and all 3 baby daddies etc. I want to be a good role model for the kids and a good partner to my gf but it's the thought of all that stuff hitting me at once and it's stressing me and making me have depressed thoughts about everything.

Last edited by Jake213; 01-07-2016 at 11:19 PM..

Old 01-08-2016, 03:27 AM

373 posts, read 778,498 times
Get out as fast as you can.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 AM

142 posts, read 255,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecracker View Post
Get out as fast as you can.

The guy is trying to be a role model for children and you tell him to run?
If anything our society needs more people like him than less.

Jake - no one is here is probably going to be able to give you 100% effective advice on how to keep these concerns out of your head. You need to talk this through with your girlfriend.

Good luck.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:19 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times
Jake -

Don't let the stress get you down. Communication is key and if you can't have good relationships with the other fathers' that's ok too - you can't control everything and that's ok. Kids are tough for everyone but if you can find a way to balance a job and parental responsibilities with the others involved, coordination/trust is going to be key.

Take it one day at a time, find some peer support or family support and talk often with your girlfriend about what is working/not working.

As far as advice on this forum - take it with a grain of salt. No one is looking out for #1 like you will.

For your own well-being, if you are having "down" moments like feeling really depressed and hopeless, seek out support from a church and/or one of the following:

Home Page
Charlotte Depression & Anxiety Support (Charlotte, NC) - Meetup
Bipolar and depression disorders support groups - Charlotte, NC
NAMI CHARLOTTE| National Alliance on Mental Illness - Charlotte NC, Chapter

Good luck and keep your head up. Children are a blessing. They are also expensive and difficult. But they are a blessing and you should try to celebrate the little things. It can always be worse and you have a big responsibility, but also a huge opportunity in front of you. There is not much in life more rewarding than being a supportive parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte