Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times

Advertisements

Or maybe I should say - either needs, or you wish there were more of. And please - we all know everyone wants Pizza, Hee Hee, so that is a given.

I, for one, wish there were gatherings at several places during the day, where people got together, and did Tai Chi in public spaces. Not anything to do w/ a membership - just a quiet gathering of anyone who wanted to do Tai Chi.

I wish there were regular "tea dances" in S. Charlotte, maybe Ballantyne.

I have seen others mention Cuban food - would love to see more of that.

I wish there were greenhouses that sold things at a better price. I wait til i have a trip to Florida to buy stuff and bring it back.

Last edited by brokensky; 02-17-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: added sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 01:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
I eould love some more international restauraznts espcially authentic Iranian Restaurants

Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I eould love some more international restauraznts espcially authentic Iranian Restaurants
Now, I don't know a thing about Iranian cuisine, but know Lebanese and wish we had more of that type of thing. Very healthy.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:46 PM

185 posts, read 583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Hi Sunny! did you know that the owner of Aroojis wine room is Iranian? He has a few things on the menu to tribute his heritage.
We like the original one in the Promanade on Providence.
Two locations.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:36 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Coming from Miami, I will at least miss the cuban food. Can anyone tell me where to get some tasty cuban food?? Thanks

Old 02-17-2008, 02:43 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,900,464 times
Anti, I'm with you on Lebanese food. Love it! Anyway, when you talk about tea dances, are you talking about the dances we have in Florida for the older snowbirds?

Old 02-17-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Anti, I'm with you on Lebanese food. Love it! Anyway, when you talk about tea dances, are you talking about the dances we have in Florida for the older snowbirds?
Well. . . they may call them tea dances down there . . . but I became familiar w/ them in Kansas City. They do latin dances as well as some of the classics like Fox Trot, etc. Live band. All very classic stuff - even waltzes. But no, I would not be interested if everyone is gonna be old as my parents - not that this isn't a sweet crowd! In Kansas City - even teens show up . . . you can get dressed up or not . . . and just dance and dance and dance! LOL!!!

Vindaloo - when you are here fulltime - we need to start a supper club!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:31 PM

371 posts, read 1,102,376 times
Lived in Chicago for awhile-would LOVE for Portillo's to move down here. Also a good Middle Eastern Restaurant would be nice.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:33 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,912,058 times
Wow, guys (y'all) all of this talk of Middle Eastern food has made my mouth water. One thing I can only get when I return to Turkey is a certain type of kebab called an Uludag kebab. I would love to have a kebab restaurant that made that kind of kebab - or really a restaurant that made any kind of GOOD Turkish food. More Middle Eastern restaurants would even do.
The other food I crave (and I'm not even a big meat eater) is an Argentine steak called a lomo. It translates as a filet mignon, but that isn't quite it. The cut must be somehow different - or maybe, as has been suggested to me) it's that the cattle are fed differently there.

Ani, about tea dances. Do you know that up north where we Minnesota nice people come from, a tea dance is a late afternoon dance where middle school age kids are introduced to each other under the strict surveillance of chaperoning parents. This was, of course, the way it was in a past century. I had no idea that adults also had them. Different cities, different customs, I guess.
The other

Old 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,912,058 times
Before all of this food talk came up, I was thinking that the thing I'd really like her is a fabric and yarn outlet. Most other cities I've lived in have big warehouse type buildings where one can buy fabrics at discounted prices.

Ditto on the discount greenhouses. Speaking of which, a woman who was decorating for a party at the Mint Museum told me that she had bought the plants for the party at a place that was (I think) called Growers Outlet near Carolina Place Mall. Does anyone have any info about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte