Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 PM

10 posts, read 34,140 times

Advertisements

Hello, I Am Considering Moving To Weddington From Baltimore, Md. I Have Lived Here All My Life And I Am Fed-up With The Crime Rate, The High Cost Of Living And The Terrible School System, My Friend Just Recently Moved There And She Loves It. I Would Like To Have Another Persons Point Of View. I Dont Want To Move From Bad To Worse, But I Desperately Need To Find Somewhere With A Slower Pace, Good Schools And A Lower Cost Of Living. Any Info That You Can Provide Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 8,893 times
Default concern Mom moving to Weddingto

Hi,

I am a widow with a teenage son considering moving to Weddington from Connecticut. My son is an interracial born. I wanted to know if Weddington is place that is acceptable to interracial kids or will my son be considered an outcast

Last edited by chap123; 03-03-2009 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: mistyped words

Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

92 posts, read 274,381 times
My klids are in the weddington school system soon to be redistricted to the new cuthbertson schools. we have been here less than a year, it's like living in the country but the city is close and people are very diverse, lots from new jersey - again don't move without a job! kids settle quicker than parents is my experience, but none of the issues you mention and weddington marvin waxhaw combo are all good depending on how much house you want to buy

Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 PM

285 posts, read 800,831 times
We love it, and I think Weddington, wesley chapel and waxhaw are all good bets. There are lots of neighborhoods to choose from. Most are really good. and you should be able to find something that is a good fit for you.

good luck both of you. Chap~ I think you would be fine, theres lots of all kinds of people here, and very easy to make friends whether from your neighborhood, school, your church , the Y, sports. Its really up to you how much you want to be part of anything. But no I don't think he'd be an outcast

Old 03-03-2009, 03:27 PM

279 posts, read 1,086,564 times
I live in Wesley Chapel, it is a very nice area, safe, and lots of families. We don't have children but I know a lot of neighbors are very happy with the schools. Good luck with your moves!

Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 PM

55 posts, read 173,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takia anthony View Post
Hello, I Am Considering Moving To Weddington From Baltimore, Md. I Have Lived Here All My Life And I Am Fed-up With The Crime Rate, The High Cost Of Living And The Terrible School System, My Friend Just Recently Moved There And She Loves It. I Would Like To Have Another Persons Point Of View. I Dont Want To Move From Bad To Worse, But I Desperately Need To Find Somewhere With A Slower Pace, Good Schools And A Lower Cost Of Living. Any Info That You Can Provide Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
We live in Weddington and love it so far. (Originally from DC). The people are friendly and the commute to uptown isn't bad. Send me a PM if you have specific questions.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 PM

55 posts, read 173,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chap123 View Post
Hi,

I am a widow with a teenage son considering moving to Weddington from Connecticut. My son is an interracial born. I wanted to know if Weddington is place that is acceptable to interracial kids or will my son be considered an outcast
Your child will not be considered an outcast. Another couple on my street moved to Weddington from Connecticut. I believe they're pretty happy so far. I'm a leader at a local church that's fairly diverse racially. I think people are open minded and willing to embrace diversity. Many people come to our church and are very pleased that it's not a "black" church or "white" church.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:29 AM

1 posts, read 6,661 times
I moved from New York to Wesley Chapel in 2010 and my neighbors are great, most people from here and from up north. Great place to live with or without kids...

Old 03-04-2012, 06:42 AM

15 posts, read 47,537 times
i am thinking of moving from Long Island NY to Weddington NC. I have two kids 8 and 7 i was wondering if its family friendly and are lots of things to do. I also would like to know how the schools are and if they are welcoming to New Yorkers. If any buddy has suggestions on where a good family community is with a pool, clubhouse , gym and nice walking trails and bike trails i would appreciate it. Thanks Ronnie

Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,395,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGSONE2001 View Post
i am thinking of moving from Long Island NY to Weddington NC. I have two kids 8 and 7 i was wondering if its family friendly and are lots of things to do. I also would like to know how the schools are and if they are welcoming to New Yorkers. If any buddy has suggestions on where a good family community is with a pool, clubhouse , gym and nice walking trails and bike trails i would appreciate it. Thanks Ronnie
Weddington seems to fit your bill. WCWAA for all your kids sports, can't get much more family friendly. Schools are ranked near top in NC. Great neighborhoods, many have amenities (pool, tennis, basketball, etc.). Weddington Swim & Tennis is very nice and inexpensive (<$700/yr for family after initiation fee), has excelled swim team, tennis. The only negative is there are too many NY transplants here ....just kidding. Honestly many NY/NJ transplants and they love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte