Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about a neighborhood called Northwoods on Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd.

I have a friend that is looking at buying a home there.

I know that is near Mountain Island Lake but only know about a few neighborhoods there.

THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 02:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybee22 View Post
Loves, yes he did!!!! YIPEE!!! He starts ground school in Ohio on April 7. It's 3 weeks long and then we're headed for Charlotte.
That is awesome! Keep up the househunting - you'll find something you like in a safe area, I'm sure

Old 02-20-2008, 02:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Anyone know anything about a neighborhood called Northwoods on Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd.

I have a friend that is looking at buying a home there.

I know that is near Mountain Island Lake but only know about a few neighborhoods there.

THANKS
As long as schools aren't important they may be fine

Old 02-20-2008, 02:53 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As long as schools aren't important they may be fine
Schools are not important to them. No schools will be needed.

I know that area is still kinda rural...but building up. I just don't know anything about Northwoods.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:00 PM

69 posts, read 245,186 times
I agree with what all of you are saying. I'll try and fly in and see it in person (which is what I REALLY want to do anyway...just our budget is really tight right now). I also agree that it is sad that these really cute, new houses are in bad areas. I was wondering why there are so many rentals popping up in the same neighborhoods. I don't think I'm going with TR Lawing either, they may be a good company, but the houses they rent out keep turning out (for the most part) to be in bad areas. My MIL is trying to use her miles to get us a free or cheaper flight so we can visit next month. We'll see. We may just show up with a moving van and hang out in a hotel for a few days until we find a place. I really just need to see the neighborhoods and see if I feel safe. I never felt safe alone at night in my last neighborhood when my DH came home late from school. I don't want to live somewhere like that again. I've never been so happy to leave a place in my life!

Do you think it will be much easier to find a place in person driving through neighborhoods? My experience with finding places online in the past (in other cities) hasn't been very good anyway. Typically the houses posted online are the ones that aren't selling/renting to locals because they are overpriced or in bad areas.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,874 times
Brookmere is not so bad b/c CP Morgan has taken over to finish the neighborhood. You are correct that there are a lot of foreclosures in the neighborhood. But that's not b/c its a bad area, people just got screwed out of their homes by Beazer and mortgage issues. I bought my house last year in this area b/c its growing and has great amenities close by. By the way, I heard that CP Morgan is looking to extend Catawba River and Brookmere further towards the river and build waterfront properties. Also, Northwoods is directly across from Brookmere on Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd. This area is not going to ruins, its just good people who got bad mortgage advice and decided to bail.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 AM

5 posts, read 24,256 times
Hi, not sure if you got to come and visit Charlotte yet but your timing is good if you want to buy a house! There are some great deals to be had. I live in Kingstree and think the neighborhood is very nice. Nice neighbors, nice big pool, close to the school, everything is pretty close etc. and to top it off, the builders are well over 3/4 of the way done with the subdivision! This has turned out to be a great place to live!!

Old 03-13-2008, 11:21 AM

422 posts, read 1,366,054 times
The only neighborhood I know pretty well, is Kingstree- I would stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte