Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:44 AM

452 posts, read 1,346,787 times

Advertisements

Ive been living in Miami,FL for 28years and I always thought that this is the best place to live. Well in the last few years ive wanted to build an underground shed and live there cuz it has become unpleasent to live here. I just visited charlotte and I have to say It was awesome. Never in a million years did would i think that i will find a better place than M.I.A.M.I. South Beach is overrated. Here are some things i experienced in charlotte.

1-people slow down and let you in the highway entrance

2-I barely heard car horns

3-People say hello on the street

4-Everyone goes at normal speed on the road - No indy 500 drivers

5-Shopping centers everywhere

6-Nice havana lounge in huntersville so I dont forget my cuban traits

7-Lake norman, huntersville, University, southpark, myerspark, ballantyne Awesome places to live

8-CAN YOU ADD MORE STUFF---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 05:54 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,956,744 times
You like the lounge eh? My in laws go there on Friday nights to learn the salsa!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,583,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
You like the lounge eh? My in laws go there on Friday nights to learn the salsa!
I am gonna have to head up that way and check this out. Now, if I can get DH out on the dance floor . . .

Luis - we do have good retail . . . no matter what area you live in, there should be many conveniences nearby.

Glad you like it here! Are you moving here for sure?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 AM

Yeah im moving there, its OFFICIAL!!!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM

57 posts, read 208,887 times
My husband is from Miami and we went to visit last fall and I liked it but would never live there - he doesn't want to go back either! The thing that scared me was the highway SPEEDERS! Thank goodness we were in his cousins hi powered Caddie otherwise we would have been run over! I just closed my eyes and let him drive! When we came back to Charlotte - I actually let out my breath! I love the palm trees though AND the beaches. Congrats on your move here - you are going to LOVE it!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:02 AM

MCHRISTIANSEN1021: Im going to sum it all up for you about speeder and road rage in miami and why it happens on constant bases. I am cuban born and we have this little saying for us cubans called "CUBAN TIME" That means if you ask us to be there at 5 will show up 6. So what happens is, most people are always late to there destiny so thats why you see people always rushing and speeding - plus it seems to me sometimes people get there drivers license behind a shopping center plaza in some guys pick up truck for $25bucks - hahahaha

Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 AM

57 posts, read 208,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
MCHRISTIANSEN1021: Im going to sum it all up for you about speeder and road rage in miami and why it happens on constant bases. I am cuban born and we have this little saying for us cubans called "CUBAN TIME" That means if you ask us to be there at 5 will show up 6. So what happens is, most people are always late to there destiny so thats why you see people always rushing and speeding - plus it seems to me sometimes people get there drivers license behind a shopping center plaza in some guys pick up truck for $25bucks - hahahaha
Haha ~ too funny! I'll make sure that when we return, we borrow cousins car again

Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,033,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
Oh and the green card for $99.

When I got married the minister gave us back $100 (that was for the wedding starting on time), with CST he usually kept the $100

Old 02-22-2008, 12:27 PM

$99 buck...thats all....little havana i can get 2for1 deal

Old 02-22-2008, 12:30 PM

What happened here in miami is too many bad apples came to shore.....if you know what i mean....tooooo many....gave to older generation a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte