Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 07:56 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
[b]Congrats. Your anger tells me that your really don't volunteer as you say. If you did, you would be cool about it. But just the thought of volunteering is good too, right?
No anger on my part; I actually feel very, very sorry for you. "Your anger tells me that your [sic] really don't volunteer as you say." How do you manage to even function in life with such twisted, backwards thinking? How were you even allowed to get within 100 feet of a classroom when you blatantly disregard factual data, make tons of unfounded assumptions about people you've never even previously dialogued with (much less met in person), and paint anyone who disagrees with you as a liar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 11:15 AM

501 posts, read 529,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
No anger on my part; I actually feel very, very sorry for you. "Your anger tells me that your [sic] really don't volunteer as you say." How do you manage to even function in life with such twisted, backwards thinking? How were you even allowed to get within 100 feet of a classroom when you blatantly disregard factual data, make tons of unfounded assumptions about people you've never even previously dialogued with (much less met in person), and paint anyone who disagrees with you as a liar?
Exactly what "factual data" would you like? I wonder why I used to have elementary black students come to me crying and telling me that they didn't want to ride their school bus with the black kids because they were mean. Also, it was nice that a nice young black girl giving away samples at a mall tole me, "I wish that black guys were nice like white guys. White guys know how to treat women." I thought that was nice. Thoughts?

But, I will be glad to clarify anything if you are specific not making up crap.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:29 AM

145 posts, read 156,102 times
Quote:
Exactly what "factual data" would you like? I wonder why I used to have elementary black students come to me crying and telling me that they didn't want to ride their school bus with the black kids because they were mean. Also, it was nice that a nice young black girl giving away samples at a mall tole me, "I wish that black guys were nice like white guys. White guys know how to treat women." I thought that was nice. Thoughts?

Wait until they start robbing your home and raping or killing your family members. Some of these so called supporters of the blm might start changing their minds. Never heard someone say I can't to move to that all Black neighborhood, It is so nice. It is mostly the 50 and under crowd today who are always screaming racism and how the man is holding them down. Really? Why is it so hard to get up everyday and go to work and to a good job? Please explain why your mommy chooses to sit all day on welfare and food stamps and WILL not work. Cut the welfare system to zero and watch the unemployment drop to about nothing.

One day I told a black father he needs to step up and be a father and raise his daughter right. He just stuck his hand out to shake my hand with tears in his eyes. I don't have to work that cesspool of a (area west blvd and remount rd). It is seems like every day was a holiday with so many people standing around doing nothing.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:19 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Exactly what "factual data" would you like?
Any from verifiable, objective sources that support your assertions. Hint: those aren't anecdotes.

Quote:
I wonder why I used to have elementary black students come to me crying and telling me that they didn't want to ride their school bus with the black kids because they were mean. Also, it was nice that a nice young black girl giving away samples at a mall tole me, "I wish that black guys were nice like white guys. White guys know how to treat women." I thought that was nice. Thoughts?
What does any of this have to do with the topic we were discussing? If you're implying that White kids don't taunt other White kids and this is something only specific to Black kids, then that's asinine; on a regular basis, we hear stories of kids committing suicide because they were taunted and bullied by classmates, and many--if not most--of those kids are White and their peer groups are largely White.

That "young" Black girl obviously has a lot more living to do if she thinks all Black guys don't know how to treat women or that all White guys do.

It's both laughable and sad that you felt the need to cite these irrelevant anecdotes.

Quote:
This isn't a coherent sentence.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 10-14-2016 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 PM

239 posts, read 877,959 times
Quote:

I think my head just exploded.

We are all shaped through our experiences and our perception of those experiences, yes.

I'm sorry that your apparent inability to reason has you trapped in this ignorant little world you've made for yourself. This isn't an accurate representation of the real world, just your world, understand that.

You seem so incredibly hateful inside. Something permanently skewed your perception of the world around you, I wish that weren't the case.

This is so heartbreaking to me.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:45 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannaCT View Post

We are all shaped through our experiences and our perception of those experiences, yes.

I'm sorry that your apparent inability to reason has you trapped in this ignorant little world you've made for yourself. This isn't an accurate representation of the real world, just your world, understand that.

You seem so incredibly hateful inside. Something permanently skewed your perception of the world around you, I wish that weren't the case.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannaCT View Post

Wow! Sociology 101.

It is exactly a "Representation of the real world. " I would like to know where you have been, and what specifically seems to be something from a fantasy story from another world?

And you seem incredibly naive and ignorant. My perception of the world comes from vast travels, living abroad many years, and seeing morons stomping on top of cars and beating innocent people in downtown Charlotte.

Maybe you should try anti-depressants?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Interesting how rags like the New Yorker like to talk about problems in Charlotte all while ignoring the same issues where they are located. And likewise, ignore what really happened here.

A few facts.
  • Race based busing ended in Charlotte because parents sued to end it and the courts agreed with the parents. This even though Charlotte/Mecklenburg schools fought it all the way to the Supreme Ct.
  • The parents brought the suit because CMS was busing kids who lived in Davidson, all the way to Pineville to meet court ordered quotas. Some children were spending more than a hour on the school bus, all while being driving past schools they could walk to.
  • CMS was unresponsive to the complaints and hence the lawsuit.
  • The courts sided with the parents and clearly stated the conditions which forced the court order in the first place, no longer existed.
  • CMS was forced to disband the policy and could no longer use race for school assignment.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:53 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting how rags like the New Yorker like to talk about problems in Charlotte all while ignoring the same issues where they are located. And likewise, ignore what really happened here.

A few facts.
  • Race based busing ended in Charlotte because parents sued to end it and the courts agreed with the parents. This even though Charlotte/Mecklenburg schools fought it all the way to the Supreme Ct.
  • The parents brought the suit because CMS was busing kids who lived in Davidson, all the way to Pineville to meet court ordered quotas. Some children were spending more than a hour on the school bus, all while being driving past schools they could walk to.
  • CMS was unresponsive to the complaints and hence the lawsuit.
  • The courts sided with the parents and clearly stated the conditions which forced the court order in the first place, no longer existed.
  • CMS was forced to disband the policy and could no longer use race for school assignment.

Who told you this? It's not true.

Student assignment resurfaced as a district issue in 1997, when Charlotte parent Bill
Capacchione sued the Charlotte‐Mecklenburg school system, charging that his daughter was
twice denied entrance to a magnet school because she was not black. The Swann attorneys
announced in October 1997 that they would join the case to fight the Capacchione suit, saying
that the school system had not fully desegregated and should not be released from court‐
ordered desegregation.**

In March 1998, U.S. District Judge Robert Potter reactivated the Swann case and consolidated it
with Capacchione’s suit. Two months later, six parents joined the case saying that race‐based
policies influence everything from how students are assigned to where schools are built. The
parents argued that the district's schools were fully desegregated and continued use of race‐
based policies was unconstitutional. On the other side, several black parents joined the Swann
team, seeking to keep the desegregation order in place.**

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/04/25/us...n-efforts.html

Old 10-17-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The statistics actually show that low-income, minority parents have high rates of involvement with the education of their children. However, many of them lack the resources to provide educational assistance beyond school-based activities, which often cost money (though not always).

I worked in inner-city schools. Where were ythese "low-income, minority parents?" Almost 100 percent were white Asian, and Hispanic. The Hispanics were on the low end of the "low-income."

Yes, Schools Do Discriminate Against Students Of Color -- Reports | Huffington Post

The only discrimination is the double standard for which the black student is excused for infraction as it is "their environment's fault." Whereas, the white student is expected to act in a higher standard. Pathetic.

Yes, U.S. schools still discipline students based on their race

You just repeated your other statement.

Racial Disproportionality in School Discipline: Implicit Bias is Heavily Implicated
a fortune on tryin1

Now I'm not pretending as though there are no issues with parental involvement or misbehavior at schools that serve low-income/minority students because there are, and those aren't the only issues of concern. But much of the "prevailing wisdom" about those things is simply off-base.
You listen to brainless community leaders too much. You should go out and volunteer. I know you don't because if you did, you would not say stupid things like teachers discriminate against blacks with discipline, etc.

To be honest, I did my hell teaching inner-city schools. I don't care about the future in city schools. They haven't improved in 50 years despite everything possible to raise learning abilities, parental involvement, etc. It isn't my concern, just my opinion that people should not defy. Arguing is doing nothing.

There were some really good black students that I enjoyed teaching. Strangely, most of them had military parents and disciplined their children when needed. Besides, if a commander gets a phone call that a military member''s child is disruptive, the military member is called under the carpet and has to answer for it. God, I love the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte