Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 654 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]When I moved into the complex in August 2016, it was promised that all of the amenitiesadvertised would be available mid November, the latest would be the first weekof December. so I signed the lease based on that information. The list is of amenities as follows:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]10,000 square-foot Clubhouse, Resort Style pool andsundeck, Outdoor fire pits, Fully-equipped Fitness, Facility & YogaStudios, Cyber Café, Entertainment Lounge, Spa facilities including a massageroom, steam room and sauna, Pet Spa, Bike storage space, Dog park, Joggingtrails (on-site and within The Park), Biking trails (on-site), Bocce courts,Car wash, Organic gardens, Tot lot[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]None of these amenities have been delivered to date. These amenitieswere the main appeal and justification for paying the higher rent in comparisonto other communities. As a result, additional expenses on top of the high renthave been incurred as a result of the lack of amenities[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I have submitted this to the Mgmt. company, Property Ownerswith no adequate resolution. In addition, I have submitted this to BBB – toinform others who may choose to consider this property. Lastly, I have sent itto the AG for North Carolina – in which I’m waiting for closure on.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]The Apartment complex’s defense to the amenities are that wesigned a NC Construction Addendum that protects them from delays. That may bethe case, but we signed that document in Aug and was told they would be readymid November, the latest first week of December. I don’t feel that 8 monthsstill waiting is fair and reasonable.

Can I pursue legal action? [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 05:21 PM

10 posts, read 18,986 times
You need to remove all the html from the message to make it easier to read for everyone else

Old 05-08-2017, 05:57 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,055,843 times
Here it is without all the language drama:

Cleansed QUOTE FROM user: mlttlk
"When I moved into the complex in August 2016, it was promised that all of the amenities advertised would be available mid November, the latest would be the first week of December. so I signed the lease based on that information. The list is of amenities as follows:
10,000 square-foot Clubhouse, Resort Style pool and sun deck, Outdoor fire pits, Fully-equipped Fitness, Facility & YogaStudios, Cyber Café, Entertainment Lounge, Spa facilities including a massage room, steam room and sauna, Pet Spa, Bike storage space, Dog park, Jogging trails (on-site and within The Park), Biking trails (on-site), Bocce courts,Car wash, Organic gardens, Tot lot
None of these amenities have been delivered to date. These amenities were the main appeal and justification for paying the higher rent in comparison to other communities. As a result, additional expenses on top of the high rent have been incurred as a result of the lack of amenities I have submitted this to the Mgmt. company, Property Owners with no adequate resolution. In addition, I have submitted this to BBB – to inform others who may choose to consider this property. Lastly, I have sent it to the AG for North Carolina – in which I’m waiting for closure on.
The Apartment complex’s defense to the amenities are that we signed a NC Construction Addendum that protects them from delays. That may be the case, but we signed that document in Aug and was told they would be ready mid November, the latest first week of December. I don’t feel that 8 months still waiting is fair and reasonable.

Can I pursue legal action?"

Old 05-08-2017, 05:58 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,055,843 times
And of course, you got the AVAILABLE AND READY BY MID NOVEMBER IN WRITING CORRECT???

Old 05-08-2017, 07:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,738 times
what complex is it?

Old 05-08-2017, 11:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,185,558 times
This is a re-post. If you're 9 months into a one year lease, start looking for a new place to live now so that you're ready to give 30 days notice to move out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte