Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:08 AM

749 posts, read 1,315,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdez View Post
Charlotte is a place that people move to either raise a family or retire. Not a place of excitement that anyone yearns to live or be in, that’s all. Some cities are more so places to simply live in rather than be destinations/tourist spots. Not that it’s a bad place, just saying you’re not going to find the hustle/bustle and excitement in Charlotte that you would find in larger cities.
Except that's not really the case anymore.

https://smartasset.com/mortgage/wher...als-are-moving

11 cities millennials are moving to - BI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 11:14 AM

222 posts, read 196,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
A very large number of those people get relocated here for work (including myself)

Any talk of Charlotte being a small city or not the most exciting place/destination gets CLT natives on here so offended. I saw this coming.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
A very large number of those people get relocated here for work (including myself)

Any talk of Charlotte being a small city or not the most exciting place/destination gets CLT natives on here so offended. I saw this coming
I'm not offended, nor am I a Charlotte native, but okay. You seem to be looking for a self proclaimed predicted reaction. I just provided you with data that went against what you claimed, you seem to be the one getting defensive.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I'm not offended, nor am I a Charlotte native, but okay. You seem to be looking for a self proclaimed predicted reaction. I just provided you with data that went against what you claimed, you seem to be the one getting defensive.
Hold on, let’s not get too far off topic here. Bring it back to the original topic, which was Charlotte having no soul/character/culture and is 100 percent spot on

Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Hold on, let’s not get too far off topic here. Bring it back to the original topic, which was Charlotte having no soul/character/culture and is 100 percent spot on
Glad you were able to get that off your chest. Life must be tough for you here. Charlotte isn't for everyone, that's for sure.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Glad you were able to get that off your chest. Life must be tough for you here. Charlotte isn't for everyone, that's for sure.
Nope, I'm on Cloud 9. Life has been great since my Eagles just won the super bowl so nothing bothers me anymore thanks for the concern.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:25 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times
Y'all are complaining about a city like Charlotte not having any identity or soul? Seriously?

I would take Charlotte for what it is right now over a place like Birmingham for example which has both apparently but not much else going for it.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Nope, I'm on Cloud 9. Life has been great since my Eagles just won the super bowl so nothing bothers me anymore thanks for the concern.
Imagine how much happier you'd be if only you could land a job where you actually enjoy living? If only soul and character could pay the bills. I guess until then, people will still move here in droves.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Y'all are complaining about a city like Charlotte not having any identity or soul? Seriously?

I would take Charlotte for what it is right now over a place like Birmingham for example which has both apparently but not much else going for it.
Oh, for sure. I feel sorry for anybody that has to live in a state like Alabama. Never been and don't plan to go. I guess the only thing worse is Mississippi? Geez what a sh*thole I wouldn't last a week there.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Imagine how much happier you'd be if only you could land a job where you actually enjoy living? If only soul and character could pay the bills. I guess until then, people will still move here in droves.
I plan on moving back up north where I'm from in 2019
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte