Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 02:51 AM

252 posts, read 880,390 times

Advertisements

For Rib Style rather than the pulled pork ,Sticky Fingers in Concord or Smokey Bones in the University area (Also their Cornbread is out of this world. So good in fact its a menu item all to itself) PS Do not confuse "Smokey Bones" with "Down to the Bone"... Smokey Bones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:35 AM

33 posts, read 105,434 times
Default Bbq

Rock House on Old Monroe Road in Stallings/Matthews is one of the top 5 in the area if not the state. Awesome BBQ and ribs. Not to be missed!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:24 PM

3 posts, read 13,822 times
Will since my husband and myself do BBQ contest around the NC and Tenn. area. I would have to say the best around nc is in Shelby NC at Bridges BBQ.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:07 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,906,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I like Bubba's BBQ - it is more eastern style (vinegar based sauce).

Here is link:

Charlotte Barbecue - Sauces, Catering, Dining - Bubba's Barbecue

Good luck on your job interviews . . . and welcome to the Charlotte area!
Ani, I was in Cornelius last week and saw Bubba's while driving around. I am glad you mentioned that it serves eastern Carolina BBQ. That is my favorite. When one asks where is a good BBQ place, the question is very ambiguous. There are so many different types. I stopped at Sticky Fingers in Concord and found the sandwiches to be large and lean, however the flavor wasn't there. I believe they are known for their ribs. Actually, one can get a good Carolina BBQ sandwich at the very old BBQ King on Wilkerson Blvd. The place used to be a westside hangout in the 60s, but the food is still good for curb service or take out.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,560,920 times
BBQ in the Charlotte area is NOT very good. If you want the BEST BBQ in NC...head 1hr North up I-85 to Lexington, NC. It is the BBQ Capital of the World. They also have an annual BBQ Festival held usually the 3rd Saturday in October that draws about 200,000 people to a town of 25,000. GREAT BBQ! It is the sweet vinegar base slaw (red).

My 2 favorites are...Speedy's & Lexington BBQ!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,572,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
BBQ in the Charlotte area is NOT very good. If you want the BEST BBQ in NC...head 1hr North up I-85 to Lexington, NC. It is the BBQ Capital of the World. They also have an annual BBQ Festival held usually the 3rd Saturday in October that draws about 200,000 people to a town of 25,000. GREAT BBQ! It is the sweet vinegar base slaw (red).

My 2 favorites are...Speedy's & Lexington BBQ!
I am up in Lexington for the next 2 days I would be glad to pick up an order(s) of pound of BBQ and the sides for anyone North and west of South Park up to Davidson if you guys want and drop it off to you guys. (It will be carried in an ice box)

Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,906,400 times
7 to 4, strange but true. I can't understand the reason that Charlotte isn't beaming with great Carolina BBQ places. I will make a point to go to Lexington.

Sunny: Very kind offer. Too bad I live in Florida presently.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 AM

44 posts, read 153,233 times
Default You are correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borders View Post
Will since my husband and myself do BBQ contest around the NC and Tenn. area. I would have to say the best around nc is in Shelby NC at Bridges BBQ.

Finally somebody that "KNOWS" BBQ,yes Bridges is the best! but remember there are 2 Bridges BBQ joints in Shelby. Alston Bridges and Red Bridges. They are brothers. Both are slightly different but both are the best!!
Reba Mcintyre worked at Alstons. The hush puppies are better at Alstons.
Alstons is closed Sun/Mon
Bridges is closed tues/wed.

Now Kyle Fletchers 4507 Wilkinson Blvd. in Lowell,NC 704-824-1956 is a very close second to Bridges. Lowell is 16-18 minutes south of Charlotte. Kyles is closed Sun/Mon. Kyle has won tons of awards! he knows pig!

All the BBQ joints around in in Charlotte are yankee bbq! bad!!
Cheers,
Robert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte