Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 08:37 AM

570 posts, read 546,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT'ah View Post
Dogs are a problem in Charlotte for sure. Lots of people have them and simple do not train them. The barking is incessant, their attitude is oh its natural for dogs to bark, oh they are just saying hello...right at 1030 at night. To the OP. Good!! I am sick of dog owners thinking their animals are human.
Agree. In reality, it isn't the dog, it is the owner that needs training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 12:06 AM

69 posts, read 54,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecialHere View Post
Why is a neighbor nasty because they want to enforce the rights that come with the ownership of a property? Right or wrong, if it's prohibited, then it should be enforced.
That is exactly what is wrong with absolutes and laws and regulations that don't take into account what is good or right for the people. Consider this story of a man who planted a garden and made a huge, unintentional positive impact with it. Someone reported him to the city and he was fined and told to remove the garden. One person started something good for many people, but one person almost succeeded in tearing it all down. Except, the city was wise enough to re-considering and CHANGE the ordinance. THAT is how government can make a difference. Not be enforcing a cr*p law just because it exists, but by empowering people to make their lives better. More rules only produce more rule breakers. Doing what's good and right can't be made wrong by some arbitrary rule. It can be made a violation, which itself is the problem. So, why is a neighbor nasty? Because some people are and if they have an official channel to get their jollies, you get an example like this. Hiding behind rules doesn't make one not a nasty neighbor. It takes being a good neighbor to do that.

There are 2 or 3 documentaries on Netflix which include this story. Just look for the food and nutrition documentaries.

https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/los...-new-ordinance

Old 08-05-2018, 08:50 AM

There is a $50 fine where I live. I have cameras on my house. If I catch someone allowing their dog to crap on my grass, I will show the tape to the town police and have them fined. That is why it is good to have such ordinances and not depend on considerateness of dog owners. I am not a nasty neighbor, I am the neighbor from hell if your dog craps on my yard. Did I mention that I also have a bb gun by the door but it is for cats that kill the little ducks and bunnies in the area.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:51 PM

69 posts, read 54,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post
There is a $50 fine where I live. I have cameras on my house. If I catch someone allowing their dog to crap on my grass, I will show the tape to the town police and have them fined. That is why it is good to have such ordinances and not depend on considerateness of dog owners. I am not a nasty neighbor, I am the neighbor from hell if your dog craps on my yard. Did I mention that I also have a bb gun by the door but it is for cats that kill the little ducks and bunnies in the area.
Why not use the information from the video to talk to the neighbor who didn't clean up the mess so maybe they'd get the message without paying a fine? Hmm...maybe the person who didn't clean up after their dog did it intentionally? Because they don't like you for some reason?

Using a BB gun on a cat? I'd like to catch you doing that on camera.

I adopted a sweet female cat off the street. She was already spayed even, and the locals in the area loved her. She also had a BB or two embedded in her skin. Last I checked there was no law against a cat attacking a wild animal, but there are animal cruelty and hunting laws. Maybe you should do the right thing and turn yourself in and pay a fine. Or is that only for other people?

I assumed it was some senseless a-hole kid with nothing better to due that to harm an animal for fun. I guess it could have been a "justified" person like you instead. I feel so much better now.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:58 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
The thread is not about untrained dogs, leashes, or pet waste. It's about finding an HOA that will allow a GSD breed.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:42 AM

37 posts, read 38,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelisSilvestris View Post
Why not use the information from the video to talk to the neighbor who didn't clean up the mess so maybe they'd get the message without paying a fine? Hmm...maybe the person who didn't clean up after their dog did it intentionally? Because they don't like you for some reason?

I adopted a sweet female cat off the street. She was already spayed even, and the locals in the area loved her. She also had a BB or two embedded in her skin. Last I checked there was no law against a cat attacking a wild animal, but there are animal cruelty and hunting laws. Maybe you should do the right thing and turn yourself in and pay a fine. Or is that only for other people?

I assumed it was some senseless a-hole kid with nothing better to due that to harm an animal for fun. I guess it could have been a "justified" person like you instead. I feel so much better now.
Feral cats are a plague upon native birds and wildlife and they should be removed from the population.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelisSilvestris View Post

Apparently, letting one's pet crap in neighborhood yards and being a irresponsible neighbor is acceptable behavior with you. I personally confront anyone that I see letting their dog crap on my property or even on common areas without picking it up. They are usually o.k. and come back to pick it up, but sometimes they deny what I personally witnessed. If they do it again and I see them, I contact animal control. If you let your animals crap in your neighborhood freely, I understand why you are upset. I guess by not enjoying animal crap in my common areas or yard makes me unlikable. Sorry dude, my neighbors have class and none of us like it. I don't monitor my cameras for cats, but if I need to identify what craps in a certain spot in yard day after day, I do.

So, you adopted a "free range" probably feral cat off the street with a bb embedded in her skin. Did you ever consider that it was likely pissing and craping all over the neighborhood and possibly killing little rabbits or baby ducks? I don't know how you could "adopt" a cat off the street? Perhaps you stole someone's pet. If so, you should be the one to take the initiative to turn yourself into your local law enforcement agency. Stealing is a crime.

As you say, it could have been some "a-hole" kid that shot your "sweet female" cat, but it also could have been some mature, college educated, veteran that hates people allowing their pets to run freely as they don't understand pride in neighborhood. That includes picking up poop.

The coyotes seem to have relieved us of the cat problem.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneSpecialHere View Post
Feral cats are a plague upon native birds and wildlife and they should be removed from the population.
True and it seems lie here "sweet female" cat was just that, a feral cat, That probably explains the bb.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:33 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McAlister View Post
True and it seems lie here "sweet female" cat was just that, a feral cat, That probably explains the bb.
A stray/abandoned cat is not necessarily feral. I adopted my last to 'from the street' and they are not feral. The first one had been spayed and had a chip. The lady at the other end of the chip said oh I moved and didn't take her with me. The second one no one had neutered him, no chip, no one was looking for him, I presume they moved and left him behind too.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The thread is not about untrained dogs, leashes, or pet waste. It's about finding an HOA that will allow a GSD breed.
You're right. It is amazing where these threads end up sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte