Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

I just ran across this website and thought it might be interesting for those of you who are relocating or anyone needing more info on the region.

Charlotte Chamber - Demographic Profile Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I just ran across this website and thought it might be interesting for those of you who are relocating or anyone needing more info on the region.

Charlotte Chamber - Demographic Profile Maps (http://www2.charlottechamber.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=DemographicProfileMaps&c ategory=Demo_ecoProfile - broken link)
Hello Anifani!

You should work part-time for the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce or Visit Charlotte!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Hello Anifani!

You should work part-time for the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce or Visit Charlotte!
HA HA HA. I have worked for chambers of commerce in the past - but on contract basis thru/ my company. However, never for Meck.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
Default Statistics for Registered Voters in Union County

I have worked election precincts locally and I always found it interesting to look at the statistics page detailing registered voter by precinct. For the Marvin area, you would be looking at Precincts 28Y & 28Z.

http://www.co.union.nc.us/LinkClick....id=171&mid=979

It's easy to see where the population has landed in Union County. Please, please - take advantage of early voting. With nearly 5,000 registered voters at Precinct 28Z, can we say LONG LINES!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
I have worked election precincts locally and I always found it interesting to look at the statistics page detailing registered voter by precinct. For the Marvin area, you would be looking at Precincts 28Y & 28Z.

http://www.co.union.nc.us/LinkClick....id=171&mid=979
Why do I so enjoy these stats? LOL!! Thanks for the link!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:45 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
I don't know why, but somehow it feels like you are dealing with facts when you have numbers. Of course, my husband (Mr. Financial Analyst) always tells me to beware anyone coming at you with percentages and charts - he claims you can make a chart say whatever you NEED it to say. Always deal in raw data.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
I don't know why, but somehow it feels like you are dealing with facts when you have numbers. Of course, my husband (Mr. Financial Analyst) always tells me to beware anyone coming at you with percentages and charts - he claims you can make a chart say whatever you NEED it to say. Always deal in raw data.
Your DH is a man after my own heart - I work w/ stats in my job (at times - strategic planning) - and I am not interested in seeing anyone else's reports- I want my own raw data sources so I can determine the parameters. You DH is soooo right. For example, if I had all the raw data I wanted on the real estate market right now- you would see a very complete picture of what is going on here w/ sales as well as price point, by different areas of the metro region. I would not necessarily stick to zip codes to do that, either. I probably would set up something using a pre-designated mapping system - and not MLS areas, either.

I like to put together my own "picture" w/ data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte