Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 12:22 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Did you check out Bent Creek in Indian Land? There ranch plans are nice. The builder is Taylor Morrison and Toll Brothers.
I did based on your earlier suggestion. We liked what we saw but we were hoping to be a little closer to Charlotte. It may be we end up in SC, time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 12:39 PM

152 posts, read 193,652 times
Pineville is a good fit for some of your wishlist. It's not an awful commute to Uptown or your desired corridor but it's also close to 485/77 to get you to those outdoor things. None of the new builds currently happening there are going to scratch your itch. A lot of the homes in the downtown area are ranches, but tiny, lacking garage. Budget would give room to add on if you're game for that.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28226 View Post
Pineville is a good fit for some of your wishlist. It's not an awful commute to Uptown or your desired corridor but it's also close to 485/77 to get you to those outdoor things. None of the new builds currently happening there are going to scratch your itch. A lot of the homes in the downtown area are ranches, but tiny, lacking garage. Budget would give room to add on if you're game for that.
Pineville is definitely on our list. David Weekley is going to start building there soon in a development they call Chadwick Park, but there won’t be any homes/plans that suit us. Thanks.

There’s another coming in Indian Land, but also not a home/plan that suits us.

Sigh...

Old 11-29-2018, 01:31 PM

751 posts, read 935,145 times
Have you thought about just buying an older ranch with enough land to add a garage? That would open up more options in your preferred area. It'd be an external addition, so it shouldn't be too distracting while being built.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:35 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDcc123 View Post
Have you thought about just buying an older ranch with enough land to add a garage? That would open up more options in your preferred area. It'd be an external addition, so it shouldn't be too distracting while being built.
Also, a cart port could be enclosed.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:05 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Pineville is definitely on our list. David Weekley is going to start building there soon in a development they call Chadwick Park, but there won’t be any homes/plans that suit us. Thanks.

Sigh...

We live in McCullough in Pineville and Pulte is building some ranches on the SC side of the neighborhood. It's a good location (other than the flea market traffic on the weekends). The wife works in South Park and takes surface streets to/from and gets there in 20 mins or so. I get to the airport around that same 20 min mark, but I leave at 6am.

Have a look, we love the neighborhood.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:

Sigh...
Do you remember the name of the new homes in Indian Land? I'm narrowing down my pick so I can start a new build soon. I'm aiming toward Mason Bend or Bent Creek myself.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Do you remember the name of the new homes in Indian Land? I'm narrowing down my pick so I can start a new build soon. I'm aiming toward Mason Bend or Bent Creek myself.
There won't be any info published until March or so.

https://www.davidweekleyhomes.com/ne...nd/ansley-park

Old 11-29-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDcc123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Also, a cart port could be enclosed.
Adding a garage alone won't meet our needs. We looked in closer to town and "older ranches" but "energy efficient, open concept" isn't going to happen with either unless we add 50-100% or more to our budget. From post #4.
Quote:
We're hoping to stay under $450K for an energy efficient, open concept, one story 3/2 to 4/2.5 with a 2-car garage. In our experience so far, that eliminates most (but not all) resales. Two stories are far more common. We were shocked at how many homes in established neighborhoods )e.g. between Uptown and Southpark) in our price range didn't have garages. And almost none were open concept, much less energy efficient. So it seems our choices are new construction (with a big premium as you note) or a recent construction resale, and those tend to be in suburbs anyway.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
We live in McCullough in Pineville and Pulte is building some ranches on the SC side of the neighborhood. It's a good location (other than the flea market traffic on the weekends). The wife works in South Park and takes surface streets to/from and gets there in 20 mins or so. I get to the airport around that same 20 min mark, but I leave at 6am.

Have a look, we love the neighborhood.
I only saw one ranch model/plan there (and 4 two story plans) but it's possible, I'll give it another look, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte