Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,717,496 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please give me any info about the Piper Glen/Williamsburg/Raintree areas? Are they in Charlotte or Pineville? What are the people like? I'm drawn to the area because the neighborhoods seem to be older and more established than those in Union County. How are the schools? What about the taxes?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 09:27 PM

218 posts, read 253,710 times
They are in Charlotte. Piper Glen is in Ballantyne and Raintree is nearby but not quite in Ballantyne. Ballantyne is first class! The schools are some of the best in the cms system . Its not cheap, and Meck has the highest taxes. I believe some extensions of Raintree may be just over the Pineville line. It really is pretty, and is kept very clean!

Old 12-16-2006, 06:01 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,237 times
I agree, all of these areas are nice. Piper Glen is right beside Ballantyne, Raintree is a little further. Just a note -- Piper Glen may have the same school assignments as Ballantyne. Raintree is not near Pineville, it's actually east of Ballantyne. As far as taxes go, you would be subject to Charlotte-Mecklenburg taxes. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, and best of luck to you

Old 12-16-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Raintree is not near Pineville, it's actually east of Ballantyne. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, and best of luck to you

I disagree. Its actually more north than east. I said an extension neighborhood possibly had a few properties that crossed the line into Pineville. There are a lot of places that are labeled Charlotte, and have a zip code that reflects that, but it is technically Pineville. For example, my office is down the street from Raintree. Our mailing address is Charlotte NC, 28210. Yet one time when it was necessary to call the police to have an officer sent out, Charlotte Police said that we had to call Pineville.

Ask the questions here, thats the point of a forum... to benefit the community.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
I disagree. Its actually more north than east. I said an extension neighborhood possibly had a few properties that crossed the line into Pineville. There are a lot of places that are labeled Charlotte, and have a zip code that reflects that, but it is technically Pineville. For example, my office is down the street from Raintree. Our mailing address is Charlotte NC, 28210. Yet one time when it was necessary to call the police to have an officer sent out, Charlotte Police said that we had to call Pineville.

Ask the questions here, thats the point of a forum... to benefit the community.

ACTUALLY, Raintree is northeast of Ballantyne

And not to disagree with you ePro, but in no way is Raintree even close to the Pineville city limits. Raintree is south Charlotte, look at a map The zip codes only reflect which post office distributes to which neighborhoods. If you had to call Pineville police for service your office must be on/near hwy 51 near McMullen Creek at least.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
ACTUALLY, Raintree is northeast of Ballantyne

And not to disagree with you ePro, but in no way is Raintree even close to the Pineville city limits. Raintree is south Charlotte, look at a map The zip codes only reflect which post office distributes to which neighborhoods. If you had to call Pineville police for service your office must be on/near hwy 51 near McMullen Creek at least.

You are correct, thats where it is. I know if you consider where the main entrance is, its obviously not near pineville. Again, I was talking about the extension parts of it that go south of 485. My first statement was "They are in Charlotte". The only reason I said the thing about Pineville, was because I wasn't sure if the person asking the question might have seen a few listings that said "Pineville". Checking a map I see that can't be the case. I wasn't trying to say Raintree was in Pineville

Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Thank you

Thanks to everyone for the info. The reason I asked if Raintree was in or near Pineville is because my mother used to live in Pineville and looking at the map, I wasn't sure if the subdivision was actually in Pineville or Charlotte.
I was concentrating our home search in Union County, but south.charlotte&union sent us a listing of a home in the Raintree area that seems very promising, because it's an older home. We were looking for older homes (built more than ten years ago), in more established neighborhoods, in Union County, which we soon found out don't really exist. So when we saw this listing, I was trying to learn more about the area.
If anyone can enlighten me further, as far as lifestyle, people, etc. in and around the Raintree area, I'd really appreciate it. How does the area differ from the areas in Union County?

Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 PM

I think you already answered your own question: It's Established!

It's a golf course community lifestyle, so you have all the ammenities. It's inhabited by the "upper middle class" to the "somewhat affluent". It's in a nice area, and the schools aren't bad. Is this listing you got the ranch located right at the 8th tee? That one is stunning!

I wouldn't limit yourself to Raintree. There are all kinds of older established neighborhoods in that area.

I can send you a more detailed search of that area if you're interested. I'd just need to know what parameters you are looking for.

Are you relocating from St Maarten? I just got visited St Thomas last month... I don't think I could give up that lifestyle

Old 12-17-2006, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
I think you already answered your own question: It's Established!

It's a golf course community lifestyle, so you have all the ammenities. It's inhabited by the "upper middle class" to the "somewhat affluent". It's in a nice area, and the schools aren't bad. Is this listing you got the ranch located right at the 8th tee? That one is stunning!

I wouldn't limit yourself to Raintree. There are all kinds of older established neighborhoods in that area.

I can send you a more detailed search of that area if you're interested. I'd just need to know what parameters you are looking for.

Are you relocating from St Maarten? I just got visited St Thomas last month... I don't think I could give up that lifestyle

No...I don't live on St. Maarten, it's just my user name because I love the island. We have vacationed there quite a few times. Not sure we could live there, though. It's one of those places that are great to visit, but after a while reality sets in...
Thanks for your input, ePro. We're working with south.charlotte&union and CharlotteAgent (both members of this forum), who have been extremely helpful in their respective areas of expertise. I just wanted to post a question to native or resident transplants of the Raintree area to get a feel for the place, because I know realtors are restricted in the type of info they can pass on.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:05 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
No...I don't live on St. Maarten, it's just my user name because I love the island. We have vacationed there quite a few times. Not sure we could live there, though. It's one of those places that are great to visit, but after a while reality sets in...
Thanks for your input, ePro. We're working with south.charlotte&union and CharlotteAgent (both members of this forum), who have been extremely helpful in their respective areas of expertise. I just wanted to post a question to native or resident transplants of the Raintree area to get a feel for the place, because I know realtors are restricted in the type of info they can pass on.
Just my 2 cents...I like Raintree. It's a large development, but the good thing is there are multiple exits in and out, depending on where you are headed. Compared to how far out most people are now buying, Raintree gives you a pretty close in location all things considered. Years ago the neighborhood fought really hard to keep the Aboretum from being built and WalMart from coming in. But in the end developers and neighborhood seemed to work together ensuring the stability of homes and retail. The ONLY thing I've ever heard said bad about the homes there is that some of them were built with aluminum wiring instead of the preferred copper wiring. I would be sure to check that out in any house I was looking at buying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte