Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
Went to another golf course today after work and they had signs posted about recent break-ins and the Rangers whooped up on the Devils tonight in the first game of the stanley cup playoffs WOOHOO!!! and oh yeah, crime bad.
Go Rangers!

Do you have crime fatigue, too??? These weird stories . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 09:13 PM

232 posts, read 728,405 times
Golfers stop burglars from breaking into home 11:08 PM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-040908-mw-golfburglarattack.4a6d7fb1.html - broken link)

Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 AM

44 posts, read 127,782 times
yeah i saw that news clip yesterday about the young fellows that lead the police on a chase, driving a stolen pick up truck with a lawn mower and trailer attached to it.

its good they locked the boys up, but what about the victim? Now they have to pay an insurance premium because some bums wanted to make some fast cash. The truck and equipment are totaled its safe to assume if you saw it on the news.

i think a law needs to be enacted that make criminals pay back the hardship with interest they caused.

the owner of that truck will probably be out of business for a few weeks losing money waiting for the insurance settle. no telling out much money is being missed, also the hike in the insurance.

if the court make those criminals pay back all those fees and lock them up every 30 until they find a job and pay those people back. the problem is people will serve their time behind prison walls, because they know when they get out they have a clean slate. what i mean by clean slate is they don't owe anybody and its like they can go out and do the same thing causing thousands or hundreds of thousands dollars of damages and not paying anything back.

i don't think its fair to the people that the system is suppose to serve. the only one getting paid each time is the court with their fees. what about our fees and dues that are owed to us from these petty crimes?

just a thought!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
What has really impressed me are the number of people who are fighting back. I saw the golf story on TV and it seems they were playing across the street from their home. Golf courses are pretty big places and his car was about 1/2 mile back in the country club parking lot. Somewhere in all this, I think he had already called the police. These people just picked the wrong person to rob.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What has really impressed me are the number of people who are fighting back. I saw the golf story on TV and it seems they were playing across the street from their home. Golf courses are pretty big places and his car was about 1/2 mile back in the country club parking lot. Somewhere in all this, I think he had already called the police. These people just picked the wrong person to rob.

Grabbing the keys was a stroke of sheer genius - even tho the thug ran after him! But that was just priceless! No key for the getaway van! LOL!!! That was some fast thinking . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte