Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 06:53 AM

16 posts, read 12,690 times

Advertisements

I need a 3-bed when my family and I locate to Charlotte. I definitely want to rent for now, so can anybody tell me abt Concord Chase(near I-85 to exit 49), Davidson( from I-85, take exit 55,) Heatherwood Kensington (from I-85, take exit 55) Parkway Crossing (exit 52), and Patriot Pointe (Hwy 49 North)- all in Concord? Laurel Pointe (from I-85 north take exit 75/Jake Alexander Blvd.) Ashton Woods (I-85 north to Salisbury) :all in Salisbury. Stone Creek (I-77 north to exit 33), and Willow Creek (I-77 north to exit 36): both in Mooresville, Nc. I looked this apts. up in the Apartment Finder and these are all 3-bedroom apts. It would also help if I knew your opinion abt the schools. Now I keep hearing from the posts that MGSD was better than Iredell-Statesville (now remember: higher test scores doesn't always mean 'better' school? I'm experiencing a ranked "A" school right now, but there are no family morals or respect for the content of one's character). I also want to know your opinion on Concord's high schools: Central Cabarrus, NW Cabarrus, or Concord? It seems that Central Cabarrus keeps getting raves- what do you think? My son will be in the 5th grade by the time we get there, so I still have to check out the Elm schools too (even though he'll only be there for a year, unless we move to Mooresville) Which school has a good sports program? My son plays football, basketball, soccer, and wrestling, need I say more? Am I leaving out any more 3-bed apts. in these areas that we could benefit from? Oh, and by the way, a 'good school to me is one that has parent involvement, good character, respectful staff (they are what make the school) and a principal who has an open-door policy, one who treats all the children the same regardless to their academics, gender, race, beliefs, etc. One I can call with a concern and he returns my call within 24 hrs. Teachers that teach with compassion, because anybody with a degree can teach a class, but I feel you have to have compassion to teach children because if a child feels like you don't care, then they won't strive to their full potential. (My daughter had a teacher w/ no compassion and it affected her desire to learn. When she got to her new school, the teachers were more prepared & involved with her studies and she would come home and talk abt how much she liked them and how much her teachers liked to teach.) Although this is a open forum and everyone will have different responses, every thought would be greatly appreciated! I value everyone's opinion who replies to my thread, because it is not easy to decide you want to leave a city where you were born & raised in, alone with 2 kids. Regardless, to the downside of things, this is still 'home', so please be honest with me about all that I am asking, because we all know there is no such thing as a PERFECT city, but we try our best to have decent neighborhoods and send our kids to 'good' schools, and that is all I am trying to have: A Good Life in NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:30 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,838 times
In Mooresville i do know in the past ( cause my son lived there) Willow Creek seems to have a lot of the young guys there for the Nascar Tech school. Maybe it's changed, but at anyrate they are nice apts. With the need of three bedrooms have you considered renting a house? Just so much better than apts.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:16 AM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,972 times
Both apartment complexes you mentioned in Mooresville are lower-end and not ones I would live in. You do get a lot of NASCAR Tech students and stuff living there. When I was looking for apartments, I didn't even go in either of them so I can't attest for the actual apartments. Driving through was enough for me. It IS Mooresville, so there are no REALLY bad places to live (that I've seen), I just knew it wouldn't be for me. For various reasons; noise being one of them. Also, out of the two, I'd live in Willow Creek.

Laurel Point and Stone Creek are managed by the same company (as well as other complexes in the area). All of the ratings on apartmentratings.com are awful and a lot has to do with the management. I can't attest to that first hand, but I did an extensive 5 county wide apartment search last year.

If you are looking into Salisbury, I would go with Salisbury Village at Castlewood. It is further off of the expressway, but in a good part of Salisbury. It is also almost brand new. However, with kids, Rowan-Salisbury schools are not as good as schools in Mooresville (either district) or Cabarrus county.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:58 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,972 times
Your other thread where I recommended Salisbury was closed. I was in the process of typing a response. So, I cut and pasted and here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISKYBUSINEZZ View Post
I apologize, Jay for the confusion earlier. However, what I said what 'high test scores' does not necessarily make it a good school and I do want my children to attend good schools (good teaching staff, parent involvement, parent-teacher relations, etc,) which is why I selected Concord/ Mooresville. Do you have any info about the apts. in Concord?

No, I don't. I live in the LKN area and do not know much about Concord except that traffic is horrible- especially near the mall and speedway.

Rowan schools aren't bad in that sense (I am a teacher there), but their scores are worse than the surrounding counties.

However, as I mentioned before, Mooresville (which I am familair with) and I think Concord as well are communities with little diversity. They are almost all white. And traffic is bad. Plus, you will not rent a 3 bedroom in an area with out problems for under $1000 a month. At least not in Mooresville. Maybe in Concord, but I doubt it.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,403,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISKYBUSINEZZ View Post
what do you think?
Given what's happened in three threads you've posted in, I think nobody around here should even bother helping you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte