Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 10:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,039 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering putting an offer in on a house in Wynfield Creek. It's a slightly older home but has a ton of character and a small bit of land. How is the crime rate in that neighborhood? Should we get flood insurance? We don't have school aged kids, so I'm not concerned about schools. Just the neighborhood in general. We currently live in a small mountain town in Northern CA, but the crime here has become pretty bad. I'm hoping to get away from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 06:48 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,692,857 times
In all of 2019 there has only been one police report in that community. It does look like that report was a stolen car though (no context though... for example could be a disgruntled ex with keys to the car driving away with it... or could have been random). You can check out crime mapping here: https://www.huntersville.org/180/Police-Department

Is the home in a flood plain? If not, flood insurance is a personal decision. The neighborhood back to McDowell Creek. It could be a cautious decision to buy it given the creek and lake near by, but if you aren't in a FEMA flood plain, it isn't required.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:23 AM

3 posts, read 3,039 times
Thank you! I’ll check out the link as well.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:52 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times
I live nearby and I would say it is a good neighborhood with a low crime rate as far as I can tell.

If you were not already aware, technically Wynfield, Wynfield Forest and Wynfield Creek are three different neighborhoods with separate HOA's but they all blend together. Wynfield and Wynfield Forest both have their own pool, clubhouse, etc. Wynfield Creek does not have either but I believe you can join one of the pools for a fee (and as a result I believe the HOA fees are the lowest at Wynfield Creek).

As the previous poster said, unless you are required to get flood insurance by FEMA, most probably wouldn't. And I'd bet the only ones that might even be required (and maybe not even those) would be ones that directly back up to the creek.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:35 PM

335 posts, read 427,754 times
You can go to the FEMA website to see if a specific address is in a flood plane and to what degree/likelihood of a flood taking place for that specific property over a given year would be. I find it helpful to show clients in case they’re on the fence about carrying flood insurance if not required by their lender/insurer.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:14 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,405,692 times
I hope it's a nice neighborhood, as we just bought very close to Wynfield. I thoroughly researched the area for crime, flood plain among many other aspects of the property. This is a good site to find LOTS of information on a specific property using the address (FEMA info is under Polaris, near bottom left) https://property.spatialest.com/nc/mecklenburg/#.

We're thrilled to be near LKN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: