Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 12:43 PM

9 posts, read 10,351 times

Advertisements

Hello!

What are your favorite Lake Norman (or other area) neighborhoods? We’re planning on moving from Northern VA and have family in Denver NC. We have 4 kids (5, 4, 2, 2 months) and are currently homeschooling. We love have a “community” feel in our neighborhood with things like a swim team, community events, etc. No job lined up yet but my husband is a teacher and I am a speech pathologist- not sure why I’m including that?!

We’re hoping to go down in April to look around but would like some sort of place to start!!

Edit: forgot to add budget- trying to stay under $325k.

Last edited by Kerthorp; 12-29-2019 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Left out information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 01:43 PM

335 posts, read 428,361 times
Really hard to give neighborhood advice without knowing budget...but I have shown homes in Robins Park, Birkdale, Ashley Cove, Sailview, Smithstone, Verdict Ridge, Sterling Pointe, Antiquity, Lakeview Shores....there are a lot of awesome neighborhoods around there but those are ones I’ve shown homes in that have a nice family vibe across multiple price ranges. Some of those are on golf courses, some are close to the lake, some are closer to Davidson...just depends on what your family wants, close to shopping, close to water, big lot sizes, away from everyone...

Old 12-29-2019, 02:14 PM

9 posts, read 10,351 times
Oops!! Trying to stay under $325k.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Old 01-01-2020, 09:11 PM

335 posts, read 428,361 times
Well, depending on what your interests are, anything around Birkdale will be busy, but there are a lot of family neighborhoods around there like Vermillion, Monteith Park, Caldwell Station, Arbor Croft, Macaulay, Villages at Rosedale, or if you can get a good deal you could get into Birkdale near the golf course. But traffic in that vicinity is pretty heavy.
Closer to Denver I like Verdict Ridge (for the golf course), Villages of Denver, Killian Creek, Smithstone, Cottages of Westport, Covington, Wingate Hills. All nice, newer family communities.
Davidson is a great family town, small, kind of expensive homes there. Check out Westbranch, Bailey Springs, or Davidson Pointe.

All of those are nice neighborhoods up north. If you’re open to Charlotte or other areas feel free to ask...I mostly work in the Charlotte area and I’m sure plenty of people here can give you some help where I can’t.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:52 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,406,713 times
NoVA is generally much more expensive than Lake Norman as you probably know.

We just moved here in July, and there are plenty of homes under $325K in the vicinity of Lake Norman. Davidson is probably out, but parts of Huntersville (not Birkdale proper), Cornelius, Denver and Mooresville will have homes in that range. You can research schools for yourself, some are definitely better than others, but we're not experts there. We came hoping to get what we wanted for $350K, ended up increasing our budget to almost $450K to get what we really wanted - and we're still 1.5 miles (as the crow flies) east of Lake Norman. West and North of Lake Norman is far cheaper, but nowhere near as developed with far less amenities (yet).

We worked and were very happy with our Allen-Tate realtor, PM me if you want contact info.

Last edited by Midpack; 01-02-2020 at 12:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte