Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:45 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,984,748 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me a location of Chase Bank, around Waxhaw?

I tried searching for one on an iphone application and it came up with one in Ballantyne. I wanted other options, so I checked on Chases website and it comes up with nothing within 50 miles.

I know I've seen a couple driving around, just don't remember

Thanks!

ETA; yellow pages is only coming up with Chevy Chase Bank(never heard of that before)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 11:51 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
I would say that the Chase website is probably correct.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,360,641 times
No Chase banks here...yet.

Closest is in West Virginia.

Edited to add: what you've seen is some other company: Chase Financial or something like that. It sounds like the bank, but it is something totally unrelated.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:44 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Are there ATMs here that you can use without incurring fees? Virginia seems like a mighty long way to drive to do your banking.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times
I bank with Chase, but opened two bank accounts in Charlotte. I typically write myself a check for and take it into BOA or Wachovia. This way works best and no fees. I also transfer money online between the banks as well. I am unable to cancel my Chase account due to incoming child support, I find it easier if everything stays the same.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:16 PM

A few hours after posting this, I found out there are no Chase Banks in NC. I was very surprised.

I did see listed "Chase Financial" and "Chase Bank". One day I'll drive by the "Chase Bank" address and see what is actually there. Corporate office maybe?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Are there ATMs here that you can use without incurring fees? Virginia seems like a mighty long way to drive to do your banking.

I was trying to find a branch for relative visiting from out of state. They are old school and pay bills with paper checks AND bring them TO the bank for payment. They had one particular bill due tomorrow and wanted to take care of it. Thinking Charlotte was a major banking city, they assumed a branch would be here.

Anywho, they ended up calling Chase and paid the bill with account and router numbers and were able to have the "processing fee" waived because of the circumstance.

Thanks all

Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,211,316 times
Chase isn't a national bank and has never expanded into North Carolina. This is in part due to laws that protected NCNB - now Bank of America, First Union - now part of Wells Fargo, and the original Wachovia from being taken over while they instead grew to behemoths by taking over other banks. All 3 banks were NC based with NCNB & First Union being based here in Charlotte. When these protection were put in place they were aimed specifically at the larger NE banks. They didn't want them moving in there and taking over Southern banking.

My recommendation is to bank with a credit union. You will bet better rates, better service and you don't have to worry about being stabbed in the back by fees and other sneaky policies that are designed to squeeze as much profit out of you. Credit Unions are non-profit and thus are not trying to satisfy stockholders and executive bonuses. Check with your employer to see if you have an elegible one through work, though anyone working or living in Mecklenburg County can join the Charlotte Metro Credit Union.

Charlotte Metro Credit Union

Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
I was trying to find a branch for relative visiting from out of state. They are old school and pay bills with paper checks AND bring them TO the bank for payment. They had one particular bill due tomorrow and wanted to take care of it. Thinking Charlotte was a major banking city, they assumed a branch would be here.

Anywho, they ended up calling Chase and paid the bill with account and router numbers and were able to have the "processing fee" waived because of the circumstance.

Thanks all
Kind of like when I was in Chicago and was searching for a Wachovia.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:22 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I just moved here a week back, and am having the same problem. I'd always like to have some emergency cash on hand but the nearest ATM is in NE Atlanta. Can someone tell me what to do for drawing cash or depositing cheques ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte