Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,616 times

Advertisements

A D- BBB rating says it all. Along with the complaints on here, stay away from this company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,195 times
Default looking for granite company in charlotte

Hi there,

I know your post is several years old, so I am not even sure you will receive this reply. I am seeking someone in Charlotte to do my granite countertops. Do you know of anyone that will not rip me off and is a fabricator?

Thanks!
Kristi

Old 07-12-2014, 05:43 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
My counter tops are crap, but I'm sick of hearing about granite. Hasn't this stuff jumped the shark yet? It seems like it's setting up to be shag carpet and in 5 years people will be tearing it out because it's "so 2004" and even starter houses have it.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
My counter tops are crap, but I'm sick of hearing about granite. Hasn't this stuff jumped the shark yet? It seems like it's setting up to be shag carpet and in 5 years people will be tearing it out because it's "so 2004" and even starter houses have it.
No, you are wrong.

Wealthy folks were putting marble and granite in their homes at the turn of the century.

It has pretty much become the standard, especially for homes over $200K. Folks want it because of durability. The fact that there are shoddy retailers and/or installers is a wholly different matter.

The quartz materials are as expensive as the granite, btw.

Laminate is considered low end these days. It may not matter to the homeowner (I know folks who like their laminate) but it will be a factor if that house goes on the market.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:58 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No, you are wrong.
The true test of wrong and right will come in 10 years when virtually every home costing $90k or more has granite. Will there be another counter top trend that sets the remodeling world on fire? From a purely business standpoint, my money is on DEFINITELY. It makes business sense to start new trends - all of those involved stand to profit...decorators, handymen, installers, big box stores, outlets, manufactures and even the government (tax on supplies and profits).

It's sort of like stainless steel - do you expect it to be all the rage in 10-15 years? My money is on some other color being in the majority at Lowes/Home Depot circa 2030. Perhaps it'll be "white ice" or slate?

Quote:
Wealthy folks were putting marble and granite in their homes at the turn of the century.

It has pretty much become the standard, especially for homes over $200K. Folks want it because of durability. The fact that there are shoddy retailers and/or installers is a wholly different matter.
That's my point. It's the standard. Common place. Boring. Durability is one appeal a material may have, but exclusivity is another.

With that said, I know saying some material or color wont be popular in 10 years isn't some insightful prediction - there are 100+ years of home decorating trends that back up that statement. Very few interior colors/materials have stood the test of time...perhaps hardwood floors, but I believe even those were overtaken by carpet at times.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 960 times
Looking to do a small 30 sq ft counter top. Anyone have any remmnats that could do this job?

Old 02-02-2016, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 605 times
Okay, I just had $39 Granite do a bathroom remodel for us. I saw some reviews of $39 Granite that made me hesitate but after I talked to the owner, Lee, he calmed my nerves. They have done over 9000 jobs. They import their own granite and marble directly from Brazil and Italy. My husband and I wanted our master bath remodeled. I originally only expected to get the countertops from $39 Granite but after talking to Lee he showed us how he could do it all and at a great price. We selected a beautiful white and gray marble for our shower and Lee showed us complimentary tile to make it just pop! Then he showed us cabinetry that was exactly what I had in mind. Though it took just a little longer than I expected although a week faster than I wanted it quoted (I wanted it yesterday!) but the finished product is PERFECT! You can't go wrong with $39 Granite. Price and quality is just great.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:24 PM

776 posts, read 1,062,446 times
We actually used them about two years ago. The sales office is in a sketchy area, and the sales man was had to get a hold of but the guy that came out to do the measurements was great and the project turned out nicer than I could have imagined. All in all, it was well worth the money and we were happy - just got a little nervous when they kept rescheduling our appointments. It was nice to go somewhere though and pick out exactly what we wanted by picking the exact slab not just ordering it. Those slab vary so much its nice to see the one you will actually get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte