Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 08:11 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times

Advertisements

Check out page 11. Graph of variants detected in NC. With such a high % of Delta in the state, one would expect deaths by variant to be similar.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/380/open
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 04:16 PM

12 posts, read 14,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand. The more vaccinated people, the less of a chance of the virus mutating, thus decreasing the chance of spread. If a virus doesn't have a host, it can't replicate.
That may have been the line a month ago, but things are changing rapidly. Many of the hospitalizations are coming from vaccinated patients. For instance, 30% in Massachusetts, and a majority in Israel. The vaccines can also force the virus to evolve.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:55 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,958,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave79 View Post
That may have been the line a month ago, but things are changing rapidly. Many of the hospitalizations are coming from vaccinated patients. For instance, 30% in Massachusetts, and a majority in Israel. The vaccines can also force the virus to evolve.
The vaccine has been out for months in some places. If enough people had vaccinated right off the bat, perhaps we wouldn't be here right now.

There's a family member that lives in FL and he is severely ill with COVID and was unvaccinated. He spread it to his 1 year old and his wife (who is vaccinated). He is having trouble breathing, terrible cough, not sleeping and he refuses to go to a hospital.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:15 AM

607 posts, read 554,178 times
Quote:
The vaccine has been out for months in some places. If enough people had vaccinated right off the bat, perhaps we wouldn't be here right now.
You mean like in Israel, which had a huge proportion of the population vaccinated?

Which is having issues with rapidly deteriorating vaccine efficacy and breakthrough cases?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...er-2021-08-20/

Quote:
There's a family member that lives in FL and he is severely ill with COVID and was unvaccinated. He spread it to his 1 year old and his wife (who is vaccinated). He is having trouble breathing, terrible cough, not sleeping and he refuses to go to a hospital.
Cool story.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eristic1 View Post
You mean like in Israel, which had a huge proportion of the population vaccinated?

Which is having issues with rapidly deteriorating vaccine efficacy and breakthrough cases?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...er-2021-08-20/

Cool story.
It's not a story; it's real life. But you do you and hope you don't end up dead. I'll do me and do what I can to keep myself, my family, and others safe.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:07 AM

231 posts, read 213,543 times
Quote:
It's not a story; it's real life. But you do you and hope you don't end up dead. I'll do me and do what I can to keep myself, my family, and others safe.
That's all most of us want. It's people with an irrational level of fear that keep moving the goal posts and are marching us towards creating second class citizens based on vaccination status that are preventing that.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:19 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,417,250 times
Before we are forced to wear "mask"... They need to make sure we can actually get the REAL N 95 mask that are made to filter the very small virus particles, WHERE can I get a real mask?

Old 08-25-2021, 01:08 PM

2,411 posts, read 2,694,160 times
Amazon

Old 08-25-2021, 06:39 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Before we are forced to wear "mask"... They need to make sure we can actually get the REAL N 95 mask that are made to filter the very small virus particles, WHERE can I get a real mask?
Let me help you out.
1. Go to Amazon, search for N95 masks
2. Go to this site, it’s a CDC site listing approved N95 respirators
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topi.../N95list1.html
3. Find a mask you like on Amazon, cross check it with the approved list
4. Order a mask you have certified as approved. I purchased a package of the 3M 8210 masks, following this process, some time ago.

Obviously you can buy an N95 mask at other places; the key is to ensure the mask is approved.

Good luck.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
That's all most of us want. It's people with an irrational level of fear that keep moving the goal posts and are marching us towards creating second class citizens based on vaccination status that are preventing that.
Irrational level of fear? The Cabarrus Health Alliance posted yesterday that 94% of patients on ventilators are unvaccinated. That's 153 people that are on ventilators in Atrium Health. 144 of them are unvaccinated and 9 of them are vaccinated. Irrational level of fear?! If those 144 people were to get vaccinated, there'd only be 9 people. The strain on the healthcare system would be lower too.

Those unvaccinated people (the ones that CAN get vaccinated but choose not to) are taking up hospital beds, and they are delaying surgeries again because they don't have the staff or the beds for those people.

Again, I'm all for choice. We should all have a choice, but I hope those that aren't vaccinated have a damn good reason (like immunocompromised or allergic reactions to other vaccines) other than political, conspiracy, or just not giving a damn about others (like the kids 12 and younger that can't get it if they wanted too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: