Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 01:30 PM

148 posts, read 562,876 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have Ryland Homeowners Insurance. We are purchasing a Ryland Home and they sent us a letter about their insurance company.
I never knew that they had their own. My gut feeling is to go with one of the larger companies but just wondering if anyone uses Ryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
we used Allentate insurance Ask your realtor about it...Excellent Rates....I wouldnt use Ryland personally...We pay 1785 for 2 leased vehicles, an 06 Murano loaded, 05 Honda Accord loaded and Homeowners insurance with unlimited to rebuild god forbid we had a fire....

good luck

Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM

168 posts, read 481,074 times
Default Insurance question????

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
we used Allentate insurance Ask your realtor about it...Excellent Rates....I wouldnt use Ryland personally...We pay 1785 for 2 leased vehicles, an 06 Murano loaded, 05 Honda Accord loaded and Homeowners insurance with unlimited to rebuild god forbid we had a fire....

good luck
Hi Berry!
We are looking for homeowners & car ins. also. What is your opinion on allstate & statefarm? we have Geico up North, but theyare too expensive.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,784 times
We're moving to Charlotte buying a Ryland home in the area next year, so we'll be neighbors. As for insurance, go with a big one like Chubb. Ryland may have trouble sticking around in this economy.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:24 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,959 times
Poochie, We used to have statefarm, but I was put off by the fact that they seem to want to do everything now (retirement planning, car loans etc) and it was a sales pitch when we went in to meet with our agent. I don't need my insurance agent explaining how much I should put into my 401k. I just want them to know how much it costs to fix my car.

We used a smaller insurance company (Erie) and really did save a bunch of money. We also got better home coverage for less than with State Farm. With insurance (and any business) you pay for the advertising the company does.

Chubb is used by many for uncommon coverages (like stated value and classic cars and such). Also Chubb is very popular for jewelry.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 AM

422 posts, read 1,366,221 times
I work for a builder and would not use ANY builders insurance program..... Always best to go with the well known guys... I personally have Allstate for my home and car as well as life insurance. Rates seem pretty competitive etc...

Also, becareful of these insurance places calling you- SAYING they are with Ryland or whoever.... I know I have a lot of homebuyers who call me saying that they are getting calls stating that they are with the builder and they are not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte