Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 05:13 AM

254 posts, read 810,362 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am flying in to Raleigh/Durham on July 4th and driving to Charlotte.
Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do and see? I am seriously
thinking of relocating to Charlotte, so this is the main reason for my visit.
I am also looking for a reasonable place to stay. I was also thinking of then driving down to SC. I have a 6 day trip planned and was trying to plan a route w/things to see along the way. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 06:40 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,499,605 times
Hi kimbey,

Maybe you could tell us what your interests are, and then we can recommend activities and places for you to visit.

Or, is the purpose of your trip strictly to look at houses/neighborhoods? If so, perhaps you can tell us your price range, and where you will be working. This way, folks on the board can recommend neighborhoods that will be a good fit for you.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:44 AM

Question Charlotte Vacay/RE-locate

Hi CTRI BUTCHER,

I enjoy flea markets, dining, pretty much anything...I like hiking as well.
I am a purchasing agent and would need to find work when I get down there.
I hear the job market is pretty good! I am looking to spend $140 to $180k
for a home. I like the homes I see in the York/Chester historical distric.
I do not have children, so schools are not an issue. I would be a transplant from Philly-home of the cheesteaks! I just wanted to get the most out of my trip there. Just another northener to add to the list..........sorry......
Let me know what you think

Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,436,882 times
Our AAA baseball team does a good fireworks show 4th of July, but it takes forever to get out afterwards.

But yes, interests would be good. Arts, music, hostory, clubs, food, ecclectic neighnborhoods, etc and it would be easier for us to recommend. Also check out CharlotteCultureGuide.com: Art, Dance, Music, History and things to do in the Charlotte, North Carolina region!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:47 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,436,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbey View Post
Hi CTRI BUTCHER,

I enjoy flea markets, dining, pretty much anything...I like hiking as well.
I am a purchasing agent and would need to find work when I get down there.
I hear the job market is pretty good! I am looking to spend $140 to $180k
for a home. I like the homes I see in the York/Chester historical distric.
I do not have children, so schools are not an issue. I would be a transplant from Philly-home of the cheesteaks! I just wanted to get the most out of my trip there. Just another northener to add to the list..........sorry......
Let me know what you think
Kings Mountain is good to hike and in Fort Mill there is Ann Springs Close Greenway. Plenty of dining options around here. if you send me a DM, I can give you the link for our purchasing dept.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks Groove 1!!!!! What is a DM? Not cool w/the data forum lingo yet?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 AM

33 posts, read 83,740 times
Here is a link to a huge flea market that is open on the first weekend of the month - if you like flea markets - you will enjoy this.

Metrolina Expo - Charlotte, North Carolina

and this one for york, sc is very helpful:

Welcome to the City of York, SC

Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,499,605 times
You might enjoying taking a look at Creative Loafing to find events that suit your interests while you're here. Here's the link:

Creative Loafing Charlotte | Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte