Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 06:23 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,802 times

Advertisements

I would also be suprised. I see too many people living in one home. Plus these houses are not small. Not unless you think homes starting from 2000-2500 sq ft is a small home.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 09:02 PM

67 posts, read 301,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOSuper View Post
anyone in this community who live in this neighbourhood...
I live in this community for last one year. I am quite happy out here and agree with most of the responses. I think you are buying here for wrong reasons. People buy here to live and raise families.. I dont know any house which has been rented.

BTW, guys I bought my house from had an appreciation of 25 K in 2 years. Not bad by any standards...Let me know if you have questions.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 PM

5 posts, read 13,667 times
Default We Live Here...We Love It!

We've been here in the neighborhood for 3 years and we love it. When we were looking we told ourselves lets try to find something that we would want to stay in long enough to bring the grandkids too (translation: a house that we will be comfortable in for quite some time...our kids are now toddlers). We've bounced around alot and want to just lay down roots. Our value has gone up. In fact, it went up once or twice while we were building! So not only do we love the house...but it's turned out to be a good business deal for us too. Neighborhood is literaly 1 mile (I measured it) from 85 for easy access. Things are building up within walking distance...restaurants, shopping, offices. The other day I walked to Starbucks (5 minute walk) and thought to myself how cool it was to have all of that within walking distance. I'm excited to see what else is coming. If anyone else has any clues...please post. The "luxury" townhouses that were going to be built by Beazer (yikes!) on Senator Royal and MC Church across from to the convenience store seems to have been scrapped Thank God. Nothing at all against townhomes...but it was a Beazer project and they have officially pulled out of NC. Haven't met a bad or questionable neighbor yet. About the only negative is that I wish the HOA would clamp down on enforcing yard maintenence. We've had a couple of incidents where the homeowners have let the grass and weeds grow to knee level. I'd also hate to see rentals become commonplace...can bring others' values down. I'm curious to see how long the two older houses between the highway and the church hold out before they get gobbled up for new development. That and the house by the firestation where the old guy sells firewood. I figure that whenever he sells...he's going to be sitting pretty.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 PM

5 posts, read 13,667 times
BTW...Mallard Creek Elementary rates pretty highly compared to some of the other elementaries in town. Believe me...THE WIFE HAS DONE HER HOMEWORK. I haven't seen a forclosure here yet...not to say there aren't any.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,508 times
I live in the Arbor Hills development and love it. Mallard Creek Elem. is really good despite the trailers but good luck finding a school without them, plus the new Hucks road school is opening up in August to help with the overcrowding. It is zoned for the new Mallard Creek HS and for the new MS that will open up next year on Ridge Rd. It's a great family community with the pools and clubhouse and tennis courts. The HOA leaves a lot to be desired because they don't enforce anything until you call them and complain about something. Our house was appraised last month for +40k than we paid for it.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:06 AM

67 posts, read 301,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl_northridge View Post
The "luxury" townhouses that were going to be built by Beazer (yikes!) on Senator Royal and MC Church across from to the convenience store seems to have been scrapped Thank God.
There is something going on the intersection of Senator Royal Dr and MC Church Road, see lot of trucks and mud beeing dumped there... any info on whats happening out there. Is Beazer back

Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 PM

30 posts, read 143,296 times
Sorry to pull up an old post - but do the residents of Arbor Hill still love it? When I pull up crime reports and read HOA newsletters from 2009, I see something about car and home break-ins - can someone speak to this?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,192 times
My parents USED to live in there and I would not buy a home in there. There are foreclosures, houses prices have depreciated, the many of the stores at the Arbor have closed and yes there have been car break ins. And here's a fact. My parents brought a small house of $177K. It was on the market for more than a year before it sold for $149K. Now as an investment opportunity..I'd say maybe as there are rentals (and growing in the subdivision).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: