Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM

28 posts, read 88,694 times

Advertisements

I think y'all might want to tread cautiously on this one.

It wasn't the developer but individual builders who may have had some questionable practices. I think honestly there were 2 major factors, building on Crane Road (which is where most of the foreclosures are - but there really isn't thaaaaaat much traffic), and just plain old bad timing.

The developers don't have anything to do with how a builder or individual homeowner finances a home.

And just look how many homeowners have got gotten caught up in this market cycle! You can't assume just because a builder has a foreclosure in there, that he/she was unscrupulous, and especially not the developer (in this case). Our whole nation is in a bit of a mess, and it hits the local custom builders probably harder than anyone. Give them a break!

And no, I didn't represent, nor do I even know any of them. I just know what a tough business it really is, and everyone seems to think all of them got so filthy rich when they see those HUD statements (and they don't realize they still have employees to pay, office space, licensing fees, liability insurances and soooo much more!), and most people don't have a clue what it takes to run a building business, nor the risks that they face doing so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 PM

264 posts, read 854,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncqueenbee View Post
I think honestly there were 2 major factors, building on Crane Road (which is where most of the foreclosures are - but there really isn't thaaaaaat much traffic), and just plain old bad timing.
What time is all this traffic happening on Crane Rd? I am seriously missing it. Can someone please enlighten me on this?
Also, I thought most of the foreclosures were in the neighborhood itself, not on Crane Rd. I have been in 4 out of the 6 foreclosures/short sales mentioned earlier and 3 were in the neighborhood and not on Crane Rd.
2 of the 4 homes for sale on Crane Rd. were built by J & K Custom Homes, but I don't think they are in foreclosure. The other 2 listed I'm not sure of, one might be, but I don't think the other is.
It really makes me mad when I hear about this traffic on Crane Rd. I mentioned earlier that I didn't go and see a house I liked b/c I was told by an agent of the traffic on Crane. I don't blame the agent, but I do blame myself for believing it. After spending a lot of time driving Crane and not running into this traffic, I think that it is too bad that many real estate agents are spreading this misinformation around. Maybe they heard it from someone else and decided it is true.
Seriously though, maybe I am just missing it somehow. I welcome anyone to tell me what hours this happens so I can see it for myself.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Viki, Traffic that is funny..I drive from my house to Marvin Ridge Middle EVERY DAY....Now there are alot of cars that travel the road, and it can be annoying...HOwever Traffic??? no..Dont worry yourself because your at the end of the road almost and the only way the Traffic can go is either right or left at that light at the end by the horse farm...you will see ALOT of cars in the morning when school is in session, and in the afternoon for pick up, as I pick up my son every day from school when it lets out and yeah there are alot of cars on both sides....other than that pls dont worry about it, unless u bought the house on Crane Rd which I know u didnt, you will be fine

Congrats on your new home...

Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 PM

264 posts, read 854,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Viki, Traffic that is funny..I drive from my house to Marvin Ridge Middle EVERY DAY....Now there are alot of cars that travel the road, and it can be annoying...HOwever Traffic??? no..Dont worry yourself because your at the end of the road almost and the only way the Traffic can go is either right or left at that light at the end by the horse farm...you will see ALOT of cars in the morning when school is in session, and in the afternoon for pick up, as I pick up my son every day from school when it lets out and yeah there are alot of cars on both sides....other than that pls dont worry about it, unless u bought the house on Crane Rd which I know u didnt, you will be fine

Congrats on your new home...
The house we wanted to go look at and didn't (see or buy) backed up to Crane Rd. After I actually drove into the area and on Crane Rd numerous times, I realized I shouldn't have listened to the traffic comment.
I'm not worried about it really, I am just a little annoyed with all the commotion about nothing...something that doesn't exist. It just feels like people are misrepresenting the area a bit. I don't think it is on purpose, I think it is from inexperience...not driving regularly on Crane...and just passing on a "rumor".
School traffic doesn't bother me. Eventually my kids will be old enough to attend those schools and we will be walking and probably getting there faster than the people stuck in the lines with their cars . At least it is school traffic and not cut-throughs and such. I haven't seen any speeders either, but time will tell.
Anyway, like I said, I already love the area and look forward into settling into our new home. Thanks for the congrats!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
well congrats to you and your family...oh and did I mentioned only somtimes when there are more than 5 cars on he same road its because somene is going 10 Miles an a hour..HAHAHAHA...can I tell you I get stuck behind those people.....

Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 10,322 times
Well this is an old thread but it is kind of interesting how it all played out and looking back at what people were thinking 18 months ago.

As it turns out there were tons of foreclosures in Woodhall. There were lots of shady practices going on. And traffic is probably worse on Crane than some people expected as the schools have filled up.

But...there have also been 19 sales in 2009 and there only remain 8 listings for sale. That is a much higher rate of sales than other compareable neighborhoods. Some people got some spectacular deals but there are few of those left as the fire sales are pretty much over. There might be a couple more deals to be had if you move fast. The HOA is ramping up just in the last month. It is becoming a community. And other than the houses on Crane itself the traffic is a total non-issue. Within the neighborhood the lots are between 1.5 and 4 acres each. The lake is not yet offering what it will eventually but the HOA already is considering opportunities for improvements. The neighborhood is beginning to take off.

The powerlines are real. There are several lots that can actually see the towers and 5 or 6 actually have an easement on their properties. But even giving away a 75 easement does not make these properties small. These are huge properties.

The middle and high school are walkable and the elementary is only 3/4 of a mile away and the kids are last on/first off the bus. The schools are amongst the best in NC and the primary reason that we moved here.

Those who bought in the last year are going to make a killing when they sell as the prices are already rising now that the vacancies are almost gone. When the market returns some of these houses will likely sell for 3 times their recent purchase price. In the meantime it is a very comfortable and pleasant place to live with little downside.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,285 times
In the Charlotte Observer, the head bank-fraud guy got 27 years. Too bad he is in his 60's.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 PM

32 posts, read 79,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncqueenbee View Post
The homes are absolutely gorgeous, brand new schools, and low taxes... http://www.co.union.nc.us/Portals/0/...Rates07-08.pdf

MOST of the homes can't see the power lines due to the abundance of trees. There are some well known athletes and VIP's who live here (neighborhood currently starts in the mid $600's but most homes are a million and up!).

There are some foreclosures, but they are beautiful and present some very good deals. Not your typical REO deals! I think it is a "diamond in the rough" waiting for a little polish, and a few more conscientious homeowners.

Let me know if you need further info or listing information, if you aren't already working with an agent.
Got any names of these athletes or VIPS??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte