Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 PM

221 posts, read 746,474 times

Advertisements

I was seriously looking for a year at Orleans and Toll Brothers. John Weiland is awesome but I wanted new and Weddinton Chase had undesireable lots left (a big electrically tower in your back yard). I would not put Orleans on the same level as JW or Toll. Orleans makes a beautiful home. I still love their plans better than Toll (where I ended up buying), but their supplies quality of the main construction was no where compared to Toll. Don't get me wrong we had our complaints with Toll, but I have to say their warranty customer satisfaction is wonderful!
As for Lake forest I am soooo glad we did not buy there. They are so slow in selling! Their houses are big and are on a postage stamp. The have very little set back. Now when I drive their I feel like I am in a tunnel. Last I went they did not even begin building the pool. Those people have to pay the full HOA dues even though there are no amenities.
As for Marvin, yes the brick is very similar. That is one thing I do not like about my community. The Meadows has lots of trees and ponds so that is pretty and all the lots are over .70. This really makes a difference when all the houses are over 4k sqft.
They want the community to have similar brick colors. The location is fabulous. I can get to 485 via Johnston, rae rd, tom short to Providence or just go to Providence. I am 10 minutes from the mall the back way. I would not want to live on the otherside of Providence because that road is a complete nightmare. Now especially with construction.
Waybridge and Bridle Path do not have amenities. Bridle path also has a fight going on with the Marvin Greensway committee. They are building a big horse walking trail right in peoples back yards. But I knew that and saw that on the lots. That is why I did not choose there either even though the sales lady played dumb and said oh no don't worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM

221 posts, read 746,474 times
Like one post said, I would seriosly consider resale. You can get some great CUSTOM homes for a steal. Building is not as glorious as you think! I too wanted to build because of the novelty. But now boy would I like to be in a custom home in Providence downs south or even firethorne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: