Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:09 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,664,987 times

Advertisements

We love Coco Osteria in the Hearst Plaza: Coco Osteria Charlotte You can people watch on the patio and enjoy a fabulous meal and excellent wine. Then go to Blue for some great jazz and after dinner drinks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 05:59 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,441 times
A lot of the local wine bars have jazzy type music on the Thur-Sun. Most have a tapas type menu. As a wine drinker myself, I prefer this atmosphere over the restuarant/bar atmosphere for a nice laid back evening. Even the wine bars have good selections of beer if you aren't a wine drinker.

If that sounds like a good idea, let me know and I can give you some recommendations in south charlotte.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:02 PM

117 posts, read 385,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
A lot of the local wine bars have jazzy type music on the Thur-Sun. Most have a tapas type menu. As a wine drinker myself, I prefer this atmosphere over the restuarant/bar atmosphere for a nice laid back evening. Even the wine bars have good selections of beer if you aren't a wine drinker.

If that sounds like a good idea, let me know and I can give you some recommendations in south charlotte.
Please...I'll take all the recommendations I can get!

Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM

7 posts, read 17,721 times
The Grape at SouthPark. Great patio - live music on Fridays/Saturdays ( I think it's a jazz band). Good menu and usually not too long of a wait. M5 is right next door which also has a great patio. For a nice night out, we like the Grape for appetizers and wine, then heading next door to M5 for dinner and drinks. It always works out well for us

I thought of Blue as well - but was there recently in the bar and..I don't know, it's just kind of stuffy. And a wee bit overpriced.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callalillies View Post
Madison's - Charlotte, NC, 28202-2119 - Citysearch (http://charlotte.citysearch.com/profile/41460677/charlotte_nc/madison_s.html - broken link)

How bout this? I don't know if they have food though.
Madison's don't serve food (other than the occassional 'happy hour' type stuff)......nice ambiance though.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:43 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,295 times
The House of Jazz is nice.

The House of Jazz

Also either of the Grape resturants, Southpark or Northlake. You can choose the locations from the link below to see their lineup...

The Grape - The Ultimate Wine Experience

Old 06-11-2008, 04:48 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
Happy Birthday to your hubby RaleighBound! I'm celebrating my 44th tomorrow. I think I'll be heading to somewhere more "adult themed" though, but y'all have a great time wherever you wind up.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Happy Birthday to your hubby RaleighBound! I'm celebrating my 44th tomorrow. I think I'll be heading to somewhere more "adult themed" though, but y'all have a great time wherever you wind up.
well happy birthday to you! don't party too hard now! :-)

Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBound View Post
Please...I'll take all the recommendations I can get!
Under the Grape
Under The Grape (http://www.underthegrape.com/utg/WineBarController.do - broken link)

Dolcetto Wine Room
Dolcetto Wine Room - Home

The Grape
Locations

Press (not sure if they have live music)
The Sonoma Restaurant Group - Charlotte, NC

Aroojis Wine Room
events

Old 06-12-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Under the Grape
Under The Grape (http://www.underthegrape.com/utg/WineBarController.do - broken link)

Dolcetto Wine Room
Dolcetto Wine Room - Home

The Grape
Locations

Press (not sure if they have live music)
The Sonoma Restaurant Group - Charlotte, NC

Aroojis Wine Room
events

Thanks for all the links!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte