Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 12:45 PM

77 posts, read 354,118 times

Advertisements

I have been researching Charlotte and I stumbled upon The Palisades. I wanted some input about the area from actual people, not their own websites which obviously make it seem great. I am looking at Eagle's Landing. So here are my questions: Is it a friendly place? Is the HOA pretty fair? Is there a medical center close? How are the schools? anything else that people can add to my list that would be helpful is greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM

797 posts, read 3,297,827 times
There have been several threads on the Palisades. You can do a search and review them.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:36 PM

444 posts, read 1,650,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley111 View Post
I have been researching Charlotte and I stumbled upon The Palisades. I wanted some input about the area from actual people, not their own websites which obviously make it seem great. I am looking at Eagle's Landing. So here are my questions: Is it a friendly place? Is the HOA pretty fair? Is there a medical center close? How are the schools? anything else that people can add to my list that would be helpful is greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much!
I lived across the street in Riverpointe for ten years. I played tennis at Palisades and some of my neighbors have moved to Palisades. Everyone is friendly and the amenities are very nice.

The schools are not so great unless you go to private schools.

The area is growing with new shopping and great places to eat.

I recommend the area over all!

Dunroven

Old 06-26-2008, 06:29 PM

1,559 posts, read 689,540 times
Palisades is a beautiful neighborhood, but also pricey. I don't believe you will get in there for less than $500,000 and thats a conservative dollar. They have lots of ammenities already (tennis, golf, boating,playgrounds, pools,and more), and more planned (like sporting fields, stores and more). The schools in the area are not the greatest. The elementaries are good, but the middle & high school I find alittle rough. I live in this area, and have shipped my children off to private school by 1 at high school level, and another at middle school (because I loved my private school). They have all gone and are still going to the public elementary school. The palisades has a private school too (an episcopalian school), and Charlotte Meck is building a new elem & middle & hs around that area over the next 5 years. The whole area is a growing area, so if it isn't here yet, it will be soon. I don't know about the HOA, since I don't live there, but I imagine there are alot of rules, and costly. A medical center is being built soon in the area as well. There is a wonderful park across the way called McDowell Park. As to where what section of the palisades to buy, you would have to look yourself. I don't really know one subdivision from another in there. Where are you coming from, and have you ever been to Charlotte? Just not sure how you came across only the Palisades.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:27 PM

77 posts, read 354,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
I don't really know one subdivision from another in there. Where are you coming from, and have you ever been to Charlotte? Just not sure how you came across only the Palisades.
Thanks everyone for all the info! I have not been to Charlotte but I will be visiting very soon. I have researched what seems like a million things on Charlotte and I tried to look at as many areas to live as I can. I know I want to be close to downtown and South Park Mall! Hey I like to shop! My fiance and I are coming from a SMALL town in Ohio so I know it will be amazing! I know this might be rude but around how much are you paying for private school? I want to start a family in the next 2-3 years and I know it won't be cheap! haha Thanks so much!!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,455,630 times
Quote:
We looked into the Palisades while searching for our home (we decided a place on the SC side still close to it)...

HOA - it is pretty restrictive as they are trying to keep up the feel when you get in. The front yard is almost untouchable on what you can do with it. Note the HOA does not give you access to any of the amentities (pools, tennis, gym, golf, etc). Another note is that you can live outside the neighborhood and still become a member of the amentities inside.

Medical Center - Carolina Healthcare is building down there.

Schools - not the best. Palisades is supposely getting an elementary school and they are attempting to get a high school.

The area around it is great. Lots of shopping and food and it continues to grow.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:34 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,559,767 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for all the info! I have not been to Charlotte but I will be visiting very soon. I have researched what seems like a million things on Charlotte and I tried to look at as many areas to live as I can. I know I want to be close to downtown and South Park Mall! Hey I like to shop! My fiance and I are coming from a SMALL town in Ohio so I know it will be amazing! I know this might be rude but around how much are you paying for private school? I want to start a family in the next 2-3 years and I know it won't be cheap! haha Thanks so much!!
Some of the better private schools are around $15,000 - $16,000 per year. Not cheap but good private schools.

Charlotte Country Day
Charlotte Latin
Providence Day

...and there are more!

GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte