Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:28 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,025,322 times

Advertisements

You can tell gas prices are high, it was jam packed.

Nice toy train set, now if they could have only built it further south and hurry up and build it north.

Ticket machine would not take credit card, if I was using it reguarly I would buy the monthly pass anyway.

Took me the same time to get to work as if I had drove and cost me less, we shall see how it is going home tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 AM

777 posts, read 2,568,582 times
You can blame the a$$-backwards town council of Pineville for not allowing the train to go any further south. Charlotte wanted it to go into Pineville but thier city council voted it down. Pineville has some of the most backward thinking elected officials I have ever seen.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 AM

56 posts, read 173,738 times
I'm headed down to the Charlotte area, and was considering the lynx, since I'll be on the south side. I'll be interested to hear what your ride home is like.

Wondering what station you boarded from on the way in? How was parking, and the rest of the process? I'd be getting on from the 485/South Blvd station.

Thanks for the info!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
You can blame the a$$-backwards town council of Pineville for not allowing the train to go any further south. Charlotte wanted it to go into Pineville but thier city council voted it down. Pineville has some of the most backward thinking elected officials I have ever seen.

The new northern folk are not to bright either!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
FYI, the 485 station has been getting full forcing a drive further in.

Last edited by mullman; 07-02-2008 at 08:06 AM..

Old 07-02-2008, 07:53 AM

575 posts, read 1,516,341 times
Quote:
Just trying to keep the riff-raff out, you know the kind that you see in so called sketchy(LOL) areas

Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by init View Post
I'm headed down to the Charlotte area, and was considering the lynx, since I'll be on the south side. I'll be interested to hear what your ride home is like.

Wondering what station you boarded from on the way in? How was parking, and the rest of the process? I'd be getting on from the 485/South Blvd station.

Thanks for the info!

I parked at the 485/South Station, I was there at 7.50, I took a drive around to have a look at that time the parking was approx 50% capacity.

Curious to see how tonight goes I will not have the 10-15 minute walk to where I normally park. I will post later tonight and give a report on how it goes.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 AM

777 posts, read 2,568,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Just trying to keep the riff-raff out, you know the kind that you see in so called sketchy(LOL) areas

I heard Pineville is going to vote for a new town motto:

"Best collection of Mexican's and goth/skateboarder wanna-be's in the state!"

"Come visit our quaint downtown consisting of three stores!"

"Pineville...a great place to shop...that's about it."

No offense to anyone who lives in Pineville, I frequent it often...to shop.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM

382 posts, read 1,888,230 times
i've been carpooling instead. its just way to crowded lately. i can barely get OFF the train b/c people are standing so packed in.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:29 AM

382 posts, read 1,888,230 times
Quote:
I heard Pineville is going to vote for a new town motto:

"Best collection of Mexican's and goth/skateboarder wanna-be's in the state!"

"Come visit our quaint downtown consisting of three stores!"

"Pineville...a great place to shop...that's about it."

No offense to anyone who lives in Pineville, I frequent it often...to shop.
I have a Pineville address and I find it quite amusing, especially the one about the quaint downtown. It is boring! Luckily I'm only a mile and half from Ballantyne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte