Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:39 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
You don't wash dishes? EEK.
We have found that if we put the dishes on the floor, the dog will lick them clean, saving us on water for washing and on dog food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 04:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Default suggestion

To all that think their bill is too high--try this:

Shut everything in house. Be sure nobody uses any water while you look at the meter and take a reading. Wait 15 minutes and see if you meter moved. If yes you have a leak. Easy right? Now the hard part. Where? HOPEFULLY not underground in your irrigation system which most people will never think of checking.
Good luck.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,084 times
Hi I got my water bill with a notice that if balance not paid they would shut off water and they also stated they would cut off water. Do they do that or will the negociate with you to keep it on also my bill was very high 164.00. Can someone give me a quick solution. thanks

Old 10-19-2010, 04:38 AM

285 posts, read 800,230 times
i believe they will cut you off. they will send someone and charge you for the person coming out. maybe about $25

Old 10-19-2010, 05:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post
i believe they will cut you off. they will send someone and charge you for the person coming out. maybe about $25
Yes, they will cut it off once you are a month overdue, but you can call 311 and ask about a solution, as in spreading payments out. But if your water bill was that high this month, then it is most likely gonna continue to be that high unless you did something extraordinarily different in the past 2 months (watered lawn daily, did a bunch more laundry daily, had extra people in the house showering daily, etc).

It's not the water you consume that is most likely costing you so much. It is the way this city calculates water run off and sewer costs. That is the part of the bill that is past ridiculous. It is simply another way of taxing us all but not calling it a tax.

I got into an extended conversation w/ officials over my water bill and the outcome was . . . I could be away from my house for a month - no one using a bit of water - and that bill would still be higher than my water bill was in other locations - b/c I would still get charged for the sewer even if I hadn't used one drop of water for four weeks. Crazy.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 AM

689 posts, read 1,656,484 times
My bill was 3 times higher this past month...no guests, no watering, nothing unusual.

I think something is going on if so many people are having this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte