Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:04 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,953,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Obviously you don't know how much it costs to use public transportation in London.

Nope your right! Considering I too am and English citizen ....

With that being said I have been in Huntersville for 20 years now and only go home to see my family every 3 years or so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,900,464 times
I usually stay in Hampstead when in London. When the weather doesn't allow me to walk into town (Oxford Street area), I ride the tube or bus. Typically, it is costs around four pounds ($8.00). That is a lot of money considering the distance. I usually purchase a day pass that allows me to ride the tube or bus in sectors one and two which is a radius of around 5 miles of central London for four pounds, fifty. That way I can ride around as much as I wish in the two sectors. I do believe that London has the most expensive travel service in the world. A big secret that I will share, when traveling around the U.K. use the National Express service. You can book seats and it is about half the cost of all other transportation. Anyway, back to Mecklenburg, it would be great if the authorities would go ahead and start working on rail service for all sections of the county. If it doesn't happen now when there is some room for development, they will be sorry.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 AM

240 posts, read 732,216 times
Cool cost

I too am a Brit from London.
Travel used to be inexpensive many years ago and i would use it all the time for school, etc.
I go home once per year and now my parents have moved out of London, it costs a lot of money to travel in to London.
Also, London is not the same as it used to be.

I married an American and have now been divorced from him for several years.
I would not go back home to England.

It would be nice if Meck County could one day have a larger public transportation operation going on. I have used the light rail a couple of times and actually liked it.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,026,012 times
These bloody brits are everywhere

I go back every couple of years to visit, but being honest i could never see my self living back in the UK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: