Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 AM

27 posts, read 129,345 times

Advertisements

Uhh sometimes, but its usually delt with on the 3rd day it seems like. Generally if it isn't in the middle of the road making people go around it, I don't worry about it too much. As far as kids noticing, they are going to have to come to terms with death at some point anyway. My nephews are 4 and 7 and they give points on how "mushed" a roadkill is, so I'm not worried lol.
As far as government workers go, yeah I'm not suprised that they were that rude to you, they are always that way for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,466,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTKD View Post
...As far as government workers go, yeah I'm not suprised that they were that rude to you, they are always that way for some reason.
Ah hem...don't let a rotten apple spoil the bunch. Some of us will bend over backwards, even if it is outside of "our job."

As far as how long stuff sits in the road, you have to remember that Charlotte is huge...very big city. There is absolutely no way to have a staff of roving dead animal seekers. The City is trying to be relatively centered around the 311 system as far as customer service goes. I know they don't do a good job getting the word out there about the service, but I can assure you that it's in place and works quite well. In other words, they don't really know until someone reports it. Don't expect a City/County worker on the way to do a job they've been assigned will be on the look out for other potential jobs.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:45 AM

264 posts, read 918,608 times
I think the third day is just too long! I guess maybe my child is particularly sensitive -- maybe because we have two huge dogs, one of which is sort of deer-colored, and it might hit a little close to home. But it's pretty gruesome sometimes, esp. with deer, with the heads and limbs going every which way and all. It's upsetting for me to look at, too. Well, maybe not the deer, but definitely the pets. I just think CharMeck could do a better job at it.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solnechko View Post
...I just think CharMeck could do a better job at it.
I promise you, it will be taken care of within 24 hours if it's reported. If it's left to a City crew to see it and report it, it may never happen...mainly due to there being no such crew that looks for this sort of thing.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 AM

630 posts, read 1,878,545 times
If nothing else it will emphasize the importance of looking both ways before crossing the road.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
If nothing else it will emphasize the importance of looking both ways before crossing the road.

See kids, that's what happens.

(store this in brain for future use)

Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 570 times
Grab a shovel and get it yourself. Quit expecting the govt to fix all your problems just because you pay taxes. And you're no more important than any govt employee. Get over yourself

Old 01-15-2017, 06:15 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,055,843 times
9 year old thread Rog, I'll bet they already got it.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:21 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,734,458 times
Back in the day, when traveling, and we saw a dead animal, my mom would say, "I see a dead dog. I 1 it".

Next person would say, "I 2 it."

Then, next, "I 3 it."

Keep it going, see what happens!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
9 year old thread Rog, I'll bet they already got it.
Or it could have rotted away or vultures took care of it

'Road Kill Ahead' is the funniest alerts on Waze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: