Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Still blessed to have a job...and NO more commuting to Ballantyne. I now work out of my home and I am back Uptown and could not be happier. I take it day by day and have no worries. Life will go on with or without Wachovia.
Very true - and glad to hear no more commute, 7oh4!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Very true - and glad to hear no more commute, 7oh4!!!
I should not complain...I only had to commute for 3 months...but driving an SUV...I will save about $50 a week. I am back Uptown where I want to be. Life is good. PRAISE GOD!

Pray for everyone without a job or getting laid off!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Wachovia actually has 4 mortgage divisions. Two of the operation centers are headquartered here in Charlotte and the other two have operation centers all across the country, including San Leandro, CA and somewhere in Texas. They are going to consolidate those 4 divisions into 2, but, nobody knows where the ops centers will be. An educated guess would be bringing them to Charlotte, or expanding the ones that are already here in Charlotte...but, nobody knows for sure yet.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Wachovia actually has 4 mortgage divisions. Two of the operation centers are headquartered here in Charlotte and the other two have operation centers all across the country, including San Leandro, CA and somewhere in Texas. They are going to consolidate those 4 divisions into 2, but, nobody knows where the ops centers will be. An educated guess would be bringing them to Charlottebut, nobody knows for sure yet.
Or Raleigh....

Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
From link below:

Embattled consumer bank Wachovia has hired investment bank Goldman Sachs to help it evaluate its consumer loan portfolio, according to a report from the Associated Press.

A Wachovia spokesperson told the AP that Goldman will help it analyze the portfolio and “evaluate various alternatives.â€

InsideARM: Wachovia Hires Goldman Sachs for Loan Portfolio Advice

On a blog I read today, someone referred to Wachovia's new CEO as "Gordon Gecko" and said - brace for the slice and dice . . . cause Wachovia was on the chopping block.

So who will the suitor be? Speculation all around . . . seems people are still clinging to the JPMorgan scenario . . . despite the 10% threshold for deposits. The word is - Congress would gladly sign off on that deal to keep foreign investors out. Hmmmmm.
This was certainly much more concerning when the stock dipped down in to the $9's. SInce there's been a modest recovery, I'm wondering if there's really any institution that has the capacity to absorb the giant that Wachovia is.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:04 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
This was certainly much more concerning when the stock dipped down in to the $9's. SInce there's been a modest recovery, I'm wondering if there's really any institution that has the capacity to absorb the giant that Wachovia is.
After consolidating functions, selling off various parts of the business, future layoffs, a year or two from now it won't be anywhere near the giant it used to be.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
After consolidating functions, selling off various parts of the business, future layoffs, a year or two from now it won't be anywhere near the giant it used to be.
I think it won't be the giant it is by end of 4th Q. I think they are gonna get lean very quickly.

All a guess, of course, LOL. But if I were betting . . .

Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
I heard that most of the layoffs will be outside of Charlotte

Old 07-26-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I heard that most of the layoffs will be outside of Charlotte
Well, as I said earlier - a bad situation for anyone that has to face loss of a job . . . but I do hope they spread it around and don't just whack a bunch of people at one location. That makes it very very difficult for people to replace jobs when there are so many others w/ the same skills on the market. So I do hope it is not gonna be that way for the people who will have to deal w/ finding a new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte