Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 AM

90 posts, read 240,365 times

Advertisements

Has any used Safe Home Security and if yes how was the experince?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 02:17 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
I've never heard of it.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,192 times
Security systems are highly inferior when compared to their Hardwire counterparts. The sad fact is, the only reason alarm companies install wireless is because it is easier and monitored alarm systems are a numbers game... the faster you get them in the more money you end up making. Truthfully, it is a dis-service to the end user.

This is an ever-growing debate within the security alarm industry; both sides have their opinions as I have mine. Since starting KeepSafe Systems, I have never installed a wireless security system. There are several reasons starting from appearance, reliability and sustainability to never having the need to and always finding a way to get a wire where it is needed.

Appearance is a large concern of many homeowners. Although transmitters have gotten smaller over the years, wireless security systems involve the installation of boxy transmitters around your doors and windows. Wireless security system supporters will often tell horror stories of holes drilled throughout your home or wires stapled all over your walls. Yes, I have seen these types of installations, for the most part, they are done by inexperienced or lazy technicians who prefer wireless security systems. Although some wire runs can be difficult and very occasionally require surface runs, there is no excuse for sloppy workmanship. Pick your security alarm installer very carefully; often the small business owner will take more care in ensuring the quality of the installation.

When it comes to the reliability of security systems, hardwire will always be the more reliable of the two. Wireless security alarm supporters of course will say “modern wireless security systems are supervised”, basically this is passing over the pitfalls of the technology and adding a feature to tell you when the technology fails. This inevitably runs into expensive and time wasting service calls, equipment replacement and potential false alarms. One need only look at the cordless phone to see the pitfalls of the wireless technology. Sure they are great when you first purchase them, however, age and interference take their toll and sooner or later you have a paperweight with buttons and an LCD screen.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,027 times
Default Credit where credit is due

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin-r View Post
Security systems are highly inferior when compared to their Hardwire counterparts. The sad fact is, the only reason alarm companies install wireless is because it is easier and monitored alarm systems are a numbers game... the faster you get them in the more money you end up making. Truthfully, it is a dis-service to the end user.

This is an ever-growing debate within the security alarm industry; both sides have their opinions as I have mine. Since starting KeepSafe Systems, I have never installed a wireless security system. There are several reasons starting from appearance, reliability and sustainability to never having the need to and always finding a way to get a wire where it is needed.

Appearance is a large concern of many homeowners. Although transmitters have gotten smaller over the years, wireless security systems involve the installation of boxy transmitters around your doors and windows. Wireless security system supporters will often tell horror stories of holes drilled throughout your home or wires stapled all over your walls. Yes, I have seen these types of installations, for the most part, they are done by inexperienced or lazy technicians who prefer wireless security systems. Although some wire runs can be difficult and very occasionally require surface runs, there is no excuse for sloppy workmanship. Pick your security alarm installer very carefully; often the small business owner will take more care in ensuring the quality of the installation.

When it comes to the reliability of security systems, hardwire will always be the more reliable of the two. Wireless security alarm supporters of course will say “modern wireless security systems are supervised”, basically this is passing over the pitfalls of the technology and adding a feature to tell you when the technology fails. This inevitably runs into expensive and time wasting service calls, equipment replacement and potential false alarms. One need only look at the cordless phone to see the pitfalls of the wireless technology. Sure they are great when you first purchase them, however, age and interference take their toll and sooner or later you have a paperweight with buttons and an LCD screen.
Full article can be found at KeepSafeSystems.ca - HARDWIRED SECURITY ALARM SYSTEMS custom designed for your Security and Comfort. - SECURITY ALARM COMPANY Installing, servicing and monitoring SECURITY ALARM SYSTEMS throughout the entire LOWER MAINLAND and FRASER VALLEY area of M

Old 07-26-2009, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,049 times
Be careful of Safe Home Security! they have an "F" rating with the BBB now, due to numerous customer complaints. My system with them, seemed to work good but now that I have turned down their offer of extended warranty, I am getting all sorts of false alarm calls (never when I am at home) and someone has started listening in over the console box in my hallway, when no alarm has gone off and therefore they'd have no reason to do so. I think they are trying to scam me into buying some more stuff and purchasing more warranty. Their contract also has a clause in it, if you do not cancel 60 days prior to the 3 year end of contract, they can renew it automatically for another 3 years without your permission. And then hassle you when you do try to cancel, etc. I wish anyone good luck dealing with this company.. I intend to get rid of them as soon as possible and go with someone who is more reputable and has a good rating. I wish I had done that in the first place. There are all sorts of bad reports on them on the internet. Google the following, quotes and all: "Safe Home Security" complaints This will lead you to numerous bad reports about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte