Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
Antonys is not Carribbean at all. No oxtails, jerk, patties or such.--no decent West Indian restaurant will eliminate the above items from their menu. The food is horrible. I wouldn't recommend this place for anymeal.
I wasn’t going to go there because I believe the OP indicated they are going to go with Antonny’s, but I’d agree with you. Although, I think they do have patties now. But it’s basically just a rotisserie chicken restaurant. Nice tasting stuff, but I wouldn’t call it Caribbean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:26 PM

167 posts, read 473,925 times
the Anntony's on Sugar Creek isn't bad at all

depends what you get and how you ask- I asked them to make roti in a very Trinidadian style similar to what I was used to in NY and they were cool with it

but to say that just because you don't have patties it isn't caribbean- not sure if I buy that

go to a JA place and ask them for roti or doubles and see what response you get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte