Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeen View Post
Thanks michellelf,

I have seen that, but it's a little too far to commute to Charlotte. I am going to check out the Mountain Views around Shelby.. Have you been there? The South Mountains are near there....

Lake Lure is BEAUTIFUL (and expensive), but at least two hours from Charlotte. Shelby is an option but there aren't mountain views all over or anything. The South Mountains area is very rural and kind of poor looking to me, and I still think a good 1.5 hours from Charlotte, though you can get from the center of Shelby to the center of uptown Charlotte in an hour.

Maybe you could contact that poster above, carlmalden, who said they could send you some pics?

Last edited by lovesMountains; 07-29-2008 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM

26 posts, read 120,267 times
We have a beautiful mtn view next to S. Mtn. My husband works in Charlotte and it takes him 1 hr 15 min to get there and about 50-60 miles, depending on which part of the city you're going to. It's very rural up here though, so if you are looking to be closer to town, this wouldn't be the place.

I looked on the MLS and found numerous larger tracts of undeveloped land up here.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:52 PM

26 posts, read 120,267 times
"The South Mountains area is very rural and kind of poor looking to me"

Yes, this is true, like most country areas, there are many trailers and junk lots that make it look kind of poor. But trust me, there is money up here. Lots of nice homes and farms that are worth quite a bit.

There is a proposed Sports Complex and future lake that makes development a possibility, but most residents of upper Cleveland Cty hope the area stays just like it is.

I'd be happy to send pics of our mtn view if you are interested. I'm travelling right now but will be home in a few days.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:31 AM

11 posts, read 26,133 times
Talking Not really a poor area, though there are some less developed areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Lake Lure is BEAUTIFUL (and expensive), but at least two hours from Charlotte. Shelby is an option but there aren't mountain views all over or anything. The South Mountains area is very rural and kind of poor looking to me, and I still think a good 1.5 hours from Charlotte, though you can get from the center of Shelby to the center of uptown Charlotte in an hour.

Maybe you could contact that poster above, carlmalden, who said they could send you some pics?
Yes, there are some nice views! If you travel down Hwy 226 out of Shelby, and then go past Polkville, you will see some really good views.

There's quite a good bit of land being developed in the area as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmalden View Post
Yes, there are some nice views! If you travel down Hwy 226 out of Shelby, and then go past Polkville, you will see some really good views.

There's quite a good bit of land being developed in the area as well.
I know the area Going past Polkville does push the drive back to Charlotte to closer to 2 hours, but might still be in an acceptable range for the OP. I just wanted to make sure he understood you really don't get views in Shelby itself and do have to go further out to find them.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM

Smile 50 minutes to Charlotte City Limits

Quote:
I know the area Going past Polkville does push the drive back to Charlotte to closer to 2 hours, but might still be in an acceptable range for the OP. I just wanted to make sure he understood you really don't get views in Shelby itself and do have to go further out to find them.

I hear ya lovesMountains...

Not sure where or how you drive, but unless you drive around 45 MPH, I can make it to South Charlotte @ ArrowWood Rd (near Microsoft's complex) in 1 Hour.

Charlotte City limits, 50 minutes. Keep in mind this is with all factors favorable. If there is a traffic incident, it may be longer.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 PM

4 posts, read 8,614 times
Quote:

Not sure where or how you drive, but unless you drive around 45 MPH, I can make it to South Charlotte @ ArrowWood Rd (near Microsoft's complex) in 1 Hour.

Charlotte City limits, 50 minutes. Keep in mind this is with all factors favorable. If there is a traffic incident, it may be longer.

How much would 1-5 Acres cost with a mountain view? Can you send me some pictures?

Thank You!

Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:

I make it to Shelby from Charlotte is under an hour, sure (got to get that Alston Bridge's barbeque every so often!). But from Polkton itself my recollection was just over 1.5 hours. ANYWAY...why don't you post a few pics here, I bet other people would love to see them - I know I always like pictures with mountains in them!!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Smile Pictures of Mountains

Quote:
I make it to Shelby from Charlotte is under an hour, sure (got to get that Alston Bridge's barbeque every so often!). But from Polkton itself my recollection was just over 1.5 hours. ANYWAY...why don't you post a few pics here, I bet other people would love to see them - I know I always like pictures with mountains in them!!

I'll have to remember to do that when I get home(send some pictures).

Thanks for replying

Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeen View Post
How much would 1-5 Acres cost with a mountain view? Can you send me some pictures?

Thank You!

I don't have any pictures on me, but I'll try and remember to do that on Thursday....

Thanks,

Carl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte