Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 AM

137 posts, read 387,734 times

Advertisements

Hey did your Job work out for you? That's where I will be working? LOL

Thanks again SNAZY for that info on that renting agent..I'm going to contact him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 AM

308 posts, read 619,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Many folks have given you advice on where to find places to live; however, life in Charlotte without a car is not a fun thing. You should have money put aside to buy one as soon as possible after arriving. Unlike most of the midwest's major cities, our public transport in Charlotte leaves a lot to be desired.
As someone mentioned, a bus stops outside of the apartment. Buses may not be "fun", but they are transportation and the coverage in Mecklenburg is pretty good. Where did "midwest's major cities" enter into the scene?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It is workable to sustain a livable life if you choose the right location
Exactly, I know several people that use public transportation. They have no problems. As you say, it depends on the location chosen.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 AM

817 posts, read 813,499 times
Public transportation in Charlotte is mainly concentrated from the South of the town to the Uptown, so if you are living in a place around the South Park Mall, or Ballantyne, Pineville, etc etc, you would be able to take both the bus as well as the local train, however, if you are living around the Northern parts of the town, or around Concord, the public transportation is very limited.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:46 PM

Transportation in the northern part of Mecklenburg is pretty good. There are express buses that run in Huntersville, Cornelius, and Davidson to Charlotte hourly and village riders (cable car looking vehicles) provide transportation in each town. Express busses from these towns into Charlotte run at least hourly. I am not sure about Concord which is just east of Charlotte, but I have seen busses going out that way, so I suppose there there.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 523 times
Default Did you get Settled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest born View Post
Hello:
I will be relocating to Charlotte and had just a few questions. I will not have transportation and will be starting a job at the new Sprint call center located at 2745 Whitehall Park Dr 28273, and will need to stay in an extended stay near the area and will need to take public transportation to and from the job. can anyone help me with the closes extended stay hotel/motel that has easy access to public transportation where I will be living and working? Just a note is there an apartment complex near this work area that is less than $600.00 a month for a one bedroom? Thanks for any help you can provide.

hi..i was google this address cause i also have applied to sprint...and i just was looking at extended stay hotels or apartments in the area i to is relocating there..could you give me a little info on how u made it since its been a year since you posted..what was your relocating process..thanks

Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 PM

86 posts, read 230,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It is workable to sustain a livable life if you choose the right location

I am pretty sure the transportation in Charlotte is a lot better than Raleigh. It runs longer(even on the weekends) and on Holidays and they have the Rail system. I am not from Charlotte and I believe I or anyone else can get around in Charlotte than most city. I am not talking about you SunnyKayak...the other posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte