Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,889 times

Advertisements

Hello:
I will be relocating to Charlotte and had just a few questions. I will not have transportation and will be starting a job at the new Sprint call center located at 2745 Whitehall Park Dr 28273, and will need to stay in an extended stay near the area and will need to take public transportation to and from the job. can anyone help me with the closes extended stay hotel/motel that has easy access to public transportation where I will be living and working? Just a note is there an apartment complex near this work area that is less than $600.00 a month for a one bedroom? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 02:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest born View Post
Hello:
I will be relocating to Charlotte and had just a few questions. I will not have transportation and will be starting a job at the new Sprint call center located at 2745 Whitehall Park Dr 28273, and will need to stay in an extended stay near the area and will need to take public transportation to and from the job. can anyone help me with the closes extended stay hotel/motel that has easy access to public transportation where I will be living and working? Just a note is there an apartment complex near this work area that is less than $600.00 a month for a one bedroom? Thanks for any help you can provide.
This extended stay would be close:

Staybridge Suites Charlotte-Arrowood
7924 Forest Pine Drive
Charlotte, NC 28273
(800) 718-8466

Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 PM

28 posts, read 84,566 times
I don't know if this will help you or not but we stayed at the Whitehall Estates Apartments at 2400 Whitehall Estates Drive 704-525-8563. Google it and you will see that it is on the other side of 485, not far from where you will be working, but probably not walking distance. The apartments are on York (Hwy 49) and Arrowwood. Across the street is a Walmart Shopping center with a BI-Lo supermarket Lowes, and several other businesses. Also the buses stopped right out front on HWY 49. We rented the apartment thru a property mangement (Seth Connor 704-609-2703) it included everything - electric/gas/water/internet /phone/dishes/towels/furntiure - all of our "stuff" was in storage. So I don't know what rent is just for an apartment but it think it was reasonable rented unfurnished.
Hope this helps. Where are you moving from? I am from a small central Illinois town Taylorville - ever hear of it?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM

260 posts, read 676,480 times
No help, just want to wish you the best of luck.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:53 PM

314 posts, read 1,137,163 times
I just moved here from the Midwest as well. St. Louis, to be exact.
I ended up renting a room from someone and that's been working out pretty well for me. I'm not sure what you mean by extended stay. I was looking into extended stay places because I was selling my house in St. Louis and once it sells, I'll be moving my family out here and buying a new place. So, I wanted something without a year long lease, so I could leave whenever my house sold, whether that be 2 months or 6 months, or god forbid, longer. So, renting a room worked out best for me. You might look into that, if you don't want a lease and need something you can get out of easily.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:01 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,051,596 times
Thumbs down living without a car in Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest born View Post
Hello:
Many folks have given you advice on where to find places to live; however, life in Charlotte without a car is not a fun thing. You should have money put aside to buy one as soon as possible after arriving. Unlike most of the midwest's major cities, our public transport in Charlotte leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,562,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Many folks have given you advice on where to find places to live; however, life in Charlotte without a car is not a fun thing. You should have money put aside to buy one as soon as possible after arriving. Unlike most of the midwest's major cities, our public transport in Charlotte leaves a lot to be desired.
It is workable to sustain a livable life if you choose the right location

Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,206 times
To those of you who have moved to the charlotte area from the mid-west: How do you compare the two?

Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,553,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmp24 View Post
To those of you who have moved to the charlotte area from the mid-west: How do you compare the two?
"Midwest" covers a lot of territory! I think there are some comparisons b/n Kansas City and Charlotte . . . some of the burbs around St. Louis are somewhat comparable.

Would need to the general area you are in now to give you meaningful info. Also, if you need to know about jobs, would need to know your field.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:37 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,410,258 times
There are a few apartment complexes within walking distance - 2 in Ayrsley and one on S Tryon, just south of the Tryon/Whitehall intersection. You can find the Ayrsley properties at www.ayrsley.com , Grammercy Park is probably not within your price range, but I think the Post property would be. I can get the name of the community on Tryon this weekend when I'm back home, if you'd like.

We moved down here nearly 4 years ago from Michigan. I wouldn't move back for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte