Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

CHICubs - terrific info! Thank you so much! Sounds like a lot of fun - close to home!

CTRI: Thanx so much for the link to the Festival. This is traditionally a wonderful event - hope things go well at the Animal Care Booth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
Virginia Creeper Trail in Damascus, VA. Damascus, Virginia - Trail Town, USA

We went over Labor Day weekend and had a great time riding the creeper trail with our 2 year old. It is a 17 mile downhill bike trail (you take a shuttle to the top).

We rented a 3br house in the mountains and we had a great time. Kids enjoyed playing outside in the 70 degree weather, seeing deer, having a fire.

It is a beautiful three hour drive from South Charlotte. You could also combine it with a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway (you pass it on the way to VA).

I highly recommend checking it out if you have never been!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
My fiance and I are still on a quest to do the whole winery tour thing... we didnt get to go on Labor Day weekend, but ya know what? Im actually happy about that. October is going to be MUCH prettier.

I dont have the website handy. its something like ncwine.org... there is a tour of 3 winerys up north. Beautiful foliage, wine and cute B&Bs!!!

I will let you know the deal when I get planning in the next couple of weeks. But I think it will be AWESOME!
Promoting our wine industry is a GREAT idea!!!

Here is some info on vineyards not too far from CLT:

Yadkin Valley Wine Tours

North Carolina Winery Directory

NORTH CAROLINA WINERIES AND VIRGINIA WINERIES AND WINES NEAR THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY

Old 09-15-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Virginia Creeper Trail in Damascus, VA. Damascus, Virginia - Trail Town, USA

We went over Labor Day weekend and had a great time riding the creeper trail with our 2 year old. It is a 17 mile downhill bike trail (you take a shuttle to the top).

We rented a 3br house in the mountains and we had a great time. Kids enjoyed playing outside in the 70 degree weather, seeing deer, having a fire.

It is a beautiful three hour drive from South Charlotte. You could also combine it with a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway (you pass it on the way to VA).

I highly recommend checking it out if you have never been!
InSouthPark: This is a wonderful idea . . . really appreciate your posting it so others can discover this area . . . I agree - excellent trip!!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,781,712 times
The Big Dig in Greenville SC. It's a bit of a drive but looks like lots of fun for the kids and for a good cause. That's where my "men" will be this weekend. It's this weekend only.
The Big Dig Construction Festival - Raising Money for Goodwill

Old 09-15-2008, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
The Big Dig in Greenville SC. It's a bit of a drive but looks like lots of fun for the kids and for a good cause. That's where my "men" will be this weekend. It's this weekend only.
The Big Dig Construction Festival - Raising Money for Goodwill
I always wanna drive one of those monster trucks that make regular car look like a peon or the tire is like one story big

That is so butch.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I always wanna drive one of those monster trucks that make regular car look like a peon or the tire is like one story big

That is so butch.
LOL!!!! Well, the Big Dig gives kids the chance to get on some real equipment and do what all kids love . . . mess in the dirt!!!

And a wonderful way to benefit Goodwill.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 AM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
Here's a website with links to apple orchards where you can pick your own. Makes for a fun day/weekend, and you can see some beautiful foliage, too!
Visitors Information Center | NC Apple Orchards & Tours | Apple Picking | Henderson County | Hendersonville, NC

Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Well, not sure if I can post this here or not...

My subdivision's Social Committee is holding a Harvest Fair & Vendor Event!

Harris Village on Hwy 3, just outside of downtown Mooresville

Sat., October 4th, 10 am - 3 pm ~ rain-or-shine

Food & Beverages ~ Home-Baked Goods ~ Pumpkin Patch

Face Painter & Photographer

30+ Vendors & Home-Party Plan Companies (still adding more to this list!)

Many QUALITY, Hand-Crafted & NEW items for Sale!!

Stay Local & Save Gas!! Come Spend the Day with us & do some Holiday Shopping!!!

FEEL FREE to PM me for details onthe vendors!

THANKS,

BxRosie

Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,983,711 times
Wow, I see a couple of very interesting trips(Kayak and biking). Thank's for starting thread Ani and thanks to the contributers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte