Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times

Advertisements

We found another good restaurant called Bamboo7. Its a small family restaurant that's located at
15025 Old Lancaster Hwy., Charlotte, NC, 28277 (704) 752-7772 You can order an appetizer, soup & a couple entrees & pay about half what you would at Wan Fu. The portions are good sized. The service was excellent, but our old server left & they are training a new one, so its best to have a little patience. I like everything on the menu with the exception of the shrimp dishes. They don't peel the shrimp & its not a pleasant surprise to bite into a shell. We've been going there since they opened & we like the owners & the food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 AM

8 posts, read 13,950 times
Tin Tin is the best Chinese buffet in town. If you are looking for authentic Chinese sit-down restaurant, there are two that I'd recommend. One is on Central Avenue (can't remember the name) and the other is the Dragon Court Restaurant in the asian mall on the corner of North Tryon and Sugar Creek. Both serve Dim Sum on Sundays.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:16 AM

830 posts, read 1,530,150 times
Ironically, Dim Sum is the name of the place on Central. It is, from our experience, the most authentic Chinese place in town. Has mostly a Cantonese influence, so the food is not as spicy/intensely flavored as Hunan/Szechuan places, but it's pretty good, especially soups and seafood.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:13 PM

628 posts, read 2,077,988 times
I'm going to check out Tin Tin tonight.....Review to follow......

Old 02-11-2009, 02:17 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,335 times
House of Leng is the best I've had in Charlotte. But then again I don't really shop around Chinese restaurants that often.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:10 PM

628 posts, read 2,077,988 times
WOW!!! Frog legs really do taste like chicken!

Went to Tin Tin last night here's my take on it:

Got there around 7PM and the place was probably at 20% capacity. Got seated right away the hostess was friendly the decor....a little 80's ish. (Could really use some updating)

First thing I noticed was there was a large population of Asian customers eating in the restaurant. I have a theory that restaurants frequented by people of that ethnicity are usually pretty good. (If you've ever gone to an Italian place filled with Italians...you know the food is authentic and good)

I went on a tour of the place and they seemed to have a nice variety of foods. My first trip up I had the frog legs, sticky rice, Thai chicken, and pork dumplings. All were really fresh and flavorful (I especially liked the Thai Chicken)
Next came the sushi..Went for the Salmon Nigiri, Yellowtail Nigiri, and Spicy Tuna Rolls all were fresh and were very good.
After that, I tried the Korean Ribs, Vietnamese Spring Rolls, and the Beef Pepper Steak....all of these were also really good.
Went for the fish and seafood area next. I found most of the fish to be a bit on the greasy side and didn't really care for most of it. (although people were just gorging themselves on crab legs)
Desserts were the staple buffet stuff....extremely uninviting and mundane.

Overall, for a buffet the place was excellent. They had a great variety of items, everything I tried was fresh and very flavorful. I would definitely recommend the place.

I would say on the negative side; the place needs some updating (it is the year 2009). My wife is a vegetarian and there was an extremely limited amount of dishes that were vegetarian or made with Tofu (I wouldn't recommend the place if you are vegetarian).

Again, by far it was the best Chinese Buffet I've ever gone to. Dinner was $16.95 per person which was a little pricey, but you can chow down and try many different items at that price.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:07 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,790 times
Next time you have to try the soup that the guy prepares for you

Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 PM

129 posts, read 339,009 times
Good review, pretty much spot on.
I would add that if you go for the crab legs, they are not the best I've had, but make up for it in the all you can eat factor.

There is a sit down place called china wall or something to that effect, behind the party store that is west on 51 a little bit from there. Better food , but for a buffet Tin Tin is tops in Charlotte.

Oh , I almost forgot to add. They have these little chocolate/coffe cake things with a glaze on top that are freakin unreal, must have for desert! Makes up for the ice cream machine never working.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post

There is a sit down place called china wall or something to that effect, behind the party store that is west on 51 a little bit from there. Better food , but for a buffet Tin Tin is tops in Charlotte.
That place is called "Great Wall of China" in the Carmel Commons shopping center (next to Salsas, Carmellas, Baskin Robins, Party City).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte