Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:46 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Okay. Still feeling lousy and just took my temp - 101.6. I should stay at home, right? Really irresponsible to go out and possibly spread germs . . . Agree?

Why do I feel I should be dragging myself out to vote? I feel so guilty. But I just don't think it is responsible to expose others to this mess . . .

I should stay home, right? Please voice your thoughts. I just keep thinking - what if my elderly parents were out voting and some jerk showed up and they got sick b/c someone felt they had to vote . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 10:48 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
If you are just going out to vote I would still vote.......I am sure there are a lot of people out there spreading germs.
It is really nice of you to think of other people.

Feel better......Have some soup

Old 11-04-2008, 10:49 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. Still feeling lousy and just took my temp - 101.6. I should stay at home, right? Really irresponsible to go out and possibly spread germs . . . Agree?

Why do I feel I should be dragging myself out to vote? I feel so guilty. But I just don't think it is responsible to expose others to this mess . . .

I should stay home, right? Please voice your thoughts. I just keep thinking - what if my elderly parents were out voting and some jerk showed up and they got sick b/c someone felt they had to vote . . .
Ani - no pass from me! So sorry you are feeling so under the weather - but girl, get your butt up and go vote!!!

Wear gloves and don't lean in to close to talk to anyone and you won't spread your germs!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:54 AM

537 posts, read 1,768,059 times
take some tylenol before you go to break your fever??? some purell hand sanitizer before (and after) you go in and touch anything???
<shrug>
good luck making your decision.
Oh, and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
You can always stop by the pharmacy and get one of those masks just to be sure. Gloves is also a good idea. They sell those there too.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM

ROFL! Y'all are great! I will even carry a bottle of Purelle and bring Clorox disinfectant wipes and clean up after myself, LOL.

Loves, I swear, if someone says an epidemic got started in S. Charlotte, I am gonna deny I had a thing to do with it!!!!! You have to back me up!!!!!!

Crazyworld: oh, soup. Yes. Progresso Chunky Chicken, LOL.

okay - gonna see if I can pull it together and hobble out, Hee Hee.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You can always stop by the pharmacy and get one of those masks just to be sure. Gloves is also a good idea. They sell those there too.
Great idea - wonder if they get upset if you show up w/ part of your face covered at a voting site? I actually have some masks - for mowing the lawn - allergy problems . . .

I just don't want anyone else to get what I have.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:00 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROFL! Y'all are great! I will even carry a bottle of Purelle and bring Clorox disinfectant wipes and clean up after myself, LOL.

Loves, I swear, if someone says an epidemic got started in S. Charlotte, I am gonna deny I had a thing to do with it!!!!! You have to back me up!!!!!!

Crazyworld: oh, soup. Yes. Progresso Chunky Chicken, LOL.

okay - gonna see if I can pull it together and hobble out, Hee Hee.
As someone whose grandfather died at Normandy to assure our freedoms such as the right to vote - I THANK YOU

Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideAnnie View Post
take some tylenol before you go to break your fever??? some purell hand sanitizer before (and after) you go in and touch anything???
<shrug>
good luck making your decision.
Oh, and I hope you feel better soon.
Hey, LakesideAnnie!!! Yes, I will take more tylenol. I still have enuff time - maybe my fever will go down more in a couple of hours . . .

Get my mask, tylenol, chicken soup, green tea, Purelle, sanitizing wipes . . . kleenex, non-latex gloves . . .

Now, surely I will not spread germs all over if I am careful.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,294 times
Default vote

I don't care how sick you are...bring a thermos and lots of tissues. I didn't even wait in a line today. Go, go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte