Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
That's a good sunday afternoon drinking song.

Maybe i'm alone on that one.
No, you are not alone. I found myself tapping my foot . . .

Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
it weird how certain songs are good for a particular time of day .
Lets say driving what I listen to in the morning is different than mid day and late at night.
I dont want to hear the kind of music I like in a.m. which generally is up tempo great with coffee kinda music during a evening drive home same for road trips.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:32 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No, you are not alone. I found myself tapping my foot . . .

It's a catchy tune, a co-worker played it at work a couple of months ago.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:33 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
I'm breaking out a holiday favorite starting with New Jersey's own...

YouTube - Fountains Of Wayne: I Want An Alien For Christmas

Old 11-25-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
it weird how certain songs are good for a particular time of day .
Lets say driving what I listen to in the morning is different than mid day and late at night.
I dont want to hear the kind of music I like in a.m. which generally is up tempo great with coffee kinda music during a evening drive home same for road trips.
Music is so important to me . . . I pick songs for my mood . . . but also - that fit the circumstances - kinda like a soundtrack for my life at that moment, LOL.

Driving music . . . now that is a whole process!!! All depends on where I am heading, what time of day, my mood, the weather . . .

Old 11-25-2008, 07:41 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
That's a good sunday afternoon drinking song.

Maybe i'm alone on that one.

No, that it quite the catchy number.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:41 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,460 times
Am I alone in that I like to listen to techno/trance/dance stuff while driving at night w/ the top down?

I'm not sure but I think I listen to it to stay awake. I really can't stand it anywhere else other than a club... even then i need alcohol to bear it.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Am I alone in that I like to listen to techno/trance/dance stuff while driving at night w/ the top down?

I'm not sure but I think I listen to it to stay awake. I really can't stand it anywhere else other than a club... even then i need alcohol to bear it.
NO! I love trance, euro trash, techo . . . at certain times. I have a collection I started back in the early 90s. From Kraftwerk to Moby to Dario G to Mauro Picotto . . . Tangerine Dream. I like space music, too, at times. And re-mixes.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:

I'm really iffy with techno. It's not really my style of music, however I really like what the Disco Biscuits do. I'd never catch them live specifically because of the crowd they attract, but I like their stuff.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:54 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,654,293 times
Default RE: The Topic on the Homeless

Let me delve a little more into my interest in the topic on the homeless. For a little bit of a review if you don't already know from my previous posts, I live in Huntersville and work in Charlotte. My wife has a congenital, debilitating, progressive disease that's getting worse literally by the day. Two of my brothers live with us, due to their lack of employment and inability to find even basic employment. One was previously self-employed as so-owner of a business, so he is not eligible for any type of unemployment assistance from the state.

I need to place my wife into an Assisted Living facility ASAP. Given their going monthly rate of 6500, and our combined monthly net income of about 5900, I come up a little shy, but hopefully I could make up that difference if I work a second job. However, that obviously will leave me with nothing for food, mortgage, cars, etc., so presumably I'll go through a forecosure and reposessions. DSS tends to frown on folks seeking assistance who have jobs, so the best I could hope for from them might be food stamps.

Now, if I go this route, that will put the three of us guys out onto the street. I can't comment on what my brothers would do at that point. Obviously, my major concern is that I'm able to continue working and can keep making the Assisted Living payments, as well as to continue to carry health insurance for us both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte