Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 06:35 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Good Morning. Okay, I really want to go back to bed.
I'm right there with you. Well, not literally with you, LOL, but as soon as I walked out to the kitchen this morning I turned around and headed back to the bedroom. DH caught me and sent me back out. HA!! It doesn't help that DS 'washed' the dishes last night and most of them are not very clean. I'm thinking of putting that boy on permanent dish washing duty until he can get it right.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,609 times
Yeah well aren't you lucky. Bah! Humbug. I'll just go kick the cat!!!!!
Just kidding. I'm awake now. Going to play with the new stuff I got yesterday. Nothing as exciting as soundboards, just Christmas decorating stuff from Michaels.
I'm off to Capels Carpet later to buy a carpet for the foyer (it's only been a year) Has anyone had any experience with them?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I'm right there with you. Well, not literally with you, LOL, but as soon as I walked out to the kitchen this morning I turned around and headed back to the bedroom. DH caught me and sent me back out. HA!! It doesn't help that DS 'washed' the dishes last night and most of them are not very clean. I'm thinking of putting that boy on permanent dish washing duty until he can get it right.
I told DH I wanted to go back to sleep and he said "so does the whole world...tough it up". He's still standing, but only because the kids were around. Don't let DS get away with the dishes thing. They do a lousy job on purpose so you stop having them do things. It took me years to catch on!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:45 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
I told DH I wanted to go back to sleep and he said "so does the whole world...tough it up".

If I told that to my wife I'd probably have a frying pan shaped like the back of my head afterward.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Morning!!!!!

Doorway - I didn't wanna get up, either. Been paying bills so far this morning . . . Uggghhh.

CHIcubs - I so enjoyed your rescue stories and descriptions of your little menagerie . . . All the cats over the years were rescues, and I tend to get older cats, as not as many people want them. I have had friends w/ birds and they are not easy to take care of so I am in awe of your adopting Jackson.

Right now, little Gitmo is posing a real challenge as Miss Scarlett is quite miffed that there is another pet in the house and she has not been hospitable at all. So I run interference all day. SIGH. But Gitmo is adorable and we are very attached to him already. I think about how close he came to dying and how hard my son worked to rescue the poor little fellow and I am amazed that he is so spunky and well-adjusted. I sure hope he and Miss Scarlett can work things out eventually . . .

Brian - explain "Widespread panic soundboards" so I won't feel so ignorant!!!

NCyank . . . good luck w/ the dishes. When I complain, DH gets really prickly and says "Well, since I obviously can't meet your lofty standards, you can just do them yourself." Some fine attitude, huh? So I remind him that unless he wishes to pursue some of his favorite activities by himself, perhaps he should have a change of attitude. Hmmmm.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Yeah well aren't you lucky. Bah! Humbug. I'll just go kick the cat!!!!!
Just kidding. I'm awake now. Going to play with the new stuff I got yesterday. Nothing as exciting as soundboards, just Christmas decorating stuff from Michaels.
I'm off to Capels Carpet later to buy a carpet for the foyer (it's only been a year) Has anyone had any experience with them?
My family room rug is from Capel, but I bought it in Blowing Rock. I have been very pleased. Wonderful quality.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM

Thanks Ani, I can't put it off any longer. I saw a beautiful rug in my neighbor's foyer yesterday and she said she got it there. She said they actually let her take two home to check colors. Looking forward to going later.
Ani, I keep forgetting to tell you that I also have a Ms. Scarlett. Hubby got me a new white car and that's what I named her. She's my lil Southern Belle.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Brian - explain "Widespread panic soundboards" so I won't feel so ignorant!!

They're officially released concert recordings from one of my favorite touring bands today.

My closest buddy and I went to see them in Raleigh back in April where Ann Marie Calhoun got up and guested. This girl sent Walnut Creek into a near frenzy and wound up being one of their most well received guests. The band put up a ten minute stretch, "Driving Song>Surprise Valley" on their youtube channel from that show.

YouTube - Widespread Panic - Raleigh 2008 - w/ Ann Marie Calhoun

This just never gets old.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 AM

That was awesome. Never heard of them, but I think I've heard of her. Would she have played w/ the Dead?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
That was awesome. Never heard of them, but I think I've heard of her. Would she have played w/ the Dead?

She would've fit in perfectly on songs like Friend of the Devil, Dire Wolf, Sugaree, Alabama Getaway, maybe some others that wouldn't initially come to mind. This woman knew her space but also knew when to assert herself. At one point she went toe to toe with Jimmy Herring, the lead guitarist in a wild instrument duel. She wasn't at all intimidated.

Here's another taste of Widespread Panic. I wasn't at this show but heard a good part of it on satellite radio last year, a mostly acoustic version of "Wondering":
YouTube - Widespread Panic - Wondering - NYE 2007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte