Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 AM

473 posts, read 1,579,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker/classic car View Post
Does anyone know of a weekly bike and classic car gathering in the area of Charlotte or surrounding areas?
There's a Bike night at Quaker Steak and Lube in Concord. It's at the same exit as Concord Mills Mall but you head toward the Speedway instead and it's on the left. Watch out for the wings...

The Speedway also has things going on, I believe. I think the trick would be to find one you'd like and then you'd probably be set networking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,662,664 times
ny-dc-nc, thanks for the tip on the Mooresville cruise night. I had accidently stumbled on this one night in February, but didn't know that it was a recurring event. We went last Saturday, and will most likely continue to go in the future.

One thing that annoys me sometimes is the folks who distribute upcoming-event fliers to the car owners during these events. I wish they would make them available to anyone in attendance. It's hard to find out about these events otherwise.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,128 times
Default Car Show in Fort Mill (Knights Stadium)

Okay...I know it's not a weekly thing but just in case anyone is interested on May 24 the Tega Cay Lions Club will be hosting a car show. It's called CAROLINA MOTOR MADNESS and it will be held at Knights Stadium (Fort Mill, SC)

http://www.carolinamotormadness.com/index.html

Old 03-13-2007, 05:58 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,036,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker/classic car View Post
Does anyone know of a weekly bike and classic car gathering in the area of Charlotte or surrounding areas?
There's a large, yearly event held at the Rowan County fairgrounds each summer (north of Charlotte. where Salisbury is located) called The Smokeout. This year it's June 22-23. I'm not sure what kind of crowd you are interested in hanging around. My hairdresser went to the Smokeout last year. She said that if you respond to the challenge (to ladies, of course, though .... ) "show us your ****!" you'll get a t-shirt. She had a **** job last year so she expected to come home with more Ts

Old 03-18-2007, 08:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,832,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Okay...I know it's not a weekly thing but just in case anyone is interested on May 24 the Tega Cay Lions Club will be hosting a car show. It's called CAROLINA MOTOR MADNESS and it will be held at Knights Stadium (Fort Mill, SC)

http://www.carolinamotormadness.com/index.html
Hey LTC!
We finally sold our house in CA, closing 4/2! One year on the market, one tiring long year. Anyways, we will have our cars so maybe we can hook up at the car show. I was trying to hook up w/Vickie and just never got the chance and I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. Work just sometimes gets in the way. Hope to see you soon.
NN

Old 03-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Forgot to add, checkout Mac's Speed Shop, just outside of uptown. It was a transmission shop turned into a restaurant. Food is excellent! Not a hard core harley restaurant but they do have some harley stuff up and a bike/car atmosphere. They have industial lights hanging from the ceiling and the shades are oil pans. I had the lil pig (bbq pork sand) and the mac n cheese. It was excellent. Coming from CA I never realized mac and cheese was such a huge food staple!

Old 03-18-2007, 10:48 PM

104 posts, read 458,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Hey LTC!
We finally sold our house in CA, closing 4/2! One year on the market, one tiring long year. Anyways, we will have our cars so maybe we can hook up at the car show. I was trying to hook up w/Vickie and just never got the chance and I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. Work just sometimes gets in the way. Hope to see you soon.
NN
Hey nascarnancy!!! Congratulations on selling your house!! We'll be at the car show, just not sure in which car (probably the vette). See you there.
Vicki

Old 03-19-2007, 06:19 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,128 times
Quote:
Hey LTC!
NN
Great News NN! I am sure that is a load off your mind.

We are shooting for the car show at Knights Stadium this weekend...so that would be great.

...and I am sorry as I don't want to appear rude...but if there is anyone else out there that is interested..there will be a car show over at Knights Stadium (Fort Mill, SC) this Saturday (it is for a great cause...and heck you can't beat the admission price...Its Free!)

Old 03-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,549,945 times
Quote:
Forgot to add, checkout Mac's Speed Shop, just outside of uptown. It was a transmission shop turned into a restaurant. Food is excellent! Not a hard core harley restaurant but they do have some harley stuff up and a bike/car atmosphere. They have industial lights hanging from the ceiling and the shades are oil pans. I had the lil pig (bbq pork sand) and the mac n cheese. It was excellent. Coming from CA I never realized mac and cheese was such a huge food staple!

Good Gracious NN where have you been? Good to see you back and even better to hear about the good news. Now if we can find NCMom and get her back it will like old times

Old 03-19-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Good Gracious NN where have you been? Good to see you back and even better to hear about the good news. Now if we can find NCMom and get her back it will like old times
Hey I missed you guys too! We still need to get together. I leave for CA this Friday and will be back just before Easter. Hubby has been in CA packing up a storm, so I will help him finish up and then we are driving out, again! I forget was it 2500 or 2600 miles, eh give or take a hundred, ha ha.

Where have I been, mostly at the arena. I work the games too so it makes for a long day. Thank goodness the season is almost done. I need some beauty sleep. Now it's looking for a house, easier said than done. Hope to see y'all soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte