Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 AM

748 posts, read 1,772,678 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to get some scoop on various things. I'm moving there this Sunday. My family and my XBox will join me 8/12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,036,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
I just wanted to get some scoop on various things. I'm moving there this Sunday. My family and my XBox will join me 8/12.
XBox?! SC2 released today!

P.S. Welcome to Charlotte... I forget to say that in my previous posts.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,382,189 times
I don't but I do know a few people that do.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
Yeah, I'm bringing my XBox and I'll pick up a small TV when I get there. Something for the quiet, lonely nights.

I'll bring a guitar if it fits in my small car.

I have a feeling that my first week at work isn't going to be the real job, but a bunch of HR and orientation stuff, so I'll probably be out at 5pm.

Oh, anyway, my question is: is garbage collection in Cherry Grove through the city or independent companies?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:05 AM

Garbage pickup is through the city. There should be a green trash bin there already. I think CG is also on the recycle plan so that would be a blue container. Not sure what your pick up day is but you can go online to check it.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:33 AM

Thanks. So that's just part of our property tax?

We're used to paying $7200 / year for taxes and we STILL have to pay $25/month for garbage.

We also pay $60/month for internet which is only 3 Mbps.
I just got Windstream set up at the new house, 12 Mbps for $50.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks. So that's just part of our property tax?

We're used to paying $7200 / year for taxes and we STILL have to pay $25/month for garbage.

We also pay $60/month for internet which is only 3 Mbps.
I just got Windstream set up at the new house, 12 Mbps for $50.
Yep, trash p/u is part of your property taxes. If the trash bins aren't there, you'll have to get them from city sanitation dept. You will pay monthly for water, so you'll need to contact the water dept. to make sure they have you set up in their system.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
You will pay monthly for water
That part will be weird since we're used to having a well.
We're getting a front-load washer to cut down on water.

And we'll all shower together as a family. Joking.

The sellers are leaving three rain barrels. I guess they use that water for watering plants/lawn? They're set up in a 3-level system so I assume that's to generate water pressure.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,771,556 times
Quote:

The sellers are leaving three rain barrels. I guess they use that water for watering plants/lawn? They're set up in a 3-level system so I assume that's to generate water pressure.

I know someone local that sells rain barrel pumps if you need them.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Alot of people use the water barrels for watering their lawns & plants. FYI, the town sells those as well & they can also be purchased at Lowes.

I know several people in my subd that have had wells dug on their property with both HOA & town approval. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the town has now either put more restrictions on that or have stopped in completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte