Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:04 PM

414 posts, read 1,277,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcurious View Post
Oh by the way ,its guys like you and jstn who go out once a month spend 50 bucks for the entire family for dinner then wonder why these place shut down!
I love how you make such profound statements, considering you know absolutely nothing about hooligan or myself, not mention Dan Morgan

Oh, and by the way, just for the record, we never wondered why places shut down...you did, Smart One.

Let me guess, your place is one of those that didn't make it???? Because I'm sensing some jealousy, maybe even a little resentment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Wow. What a strange thread!!! Anyone who is willing to open a business and employee people in our area should be encouraged and supported, not disparaged b/f we even have a chance to find out if the establishment is one we will want to patronize!!!

And I agree with others - just b/c someone puts their name on a business - doesn't mean he/she is back in the kitchen stirring up the pancakes, scraping plates and running the cash register. In fact, anyone who has the money to back an enterprise is going to have a team set up to assist in making the venture successful.

Negativity towards someone who is willing to put some money back into the community and create jobs leaves me feeling kinda sick - and I don't care WHO it is. Just plain ole mean spirited.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Hooligan, you might want to take your head out of the sand and look around and tell me how many dumb pro players invested there money in concepts they no NOTHING about! One to many hits to the head and they think they are entrepreneurs

Oh by the way ,its guys like you and jstn who go out once a month spend 50 bucks for the entire family for dinner then wonder why these place shut down!

sandchug, I do not wish for him or any business man to fail, but it is a true fact that these guys are getting involved in careers they have no clue about.
I have to disagree...there are quiet a few of sports players and entertainers who have opened restaurants and to much prevail have succeeded..I for one spend more than 50.00 a month and again I must correct you most places that dh and I and the kids go are pretty busy and the good ones seem to prevail in the end and u be bit surprised how some sport players are better business owners than what they played...

Old 12-28-2008, 12:41 PM

33 posts, read 78,086 times
YAWN........!!!
I have nothing against the guy I wish him all the luck, I heard that Wells Fargo is interviewing for a new CEO here in Charlotte, maybe he should fill that position as well, Hooligan with your logic he won't need to show up at the office too, all the other CEO's of now defunct companies never did as well!
You see the logic gentlemen?

Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
YAWN........!!!
I have nothing against the guy I wish him all the luck, I heard that Wells Fargo is interviewing for a new CEO here in Charlotte, maybe he should fill that position as well, Hooligan with your logic he won't need to show up at the office too, all the other CEO's of now defunct companies never did as well!
You see the logic gentlemen?
You've obviously missed my logic completely. You mean that you expect us to believe that you've never heard of the idea of venture capital? People who bankroll or invest in a business venture that don't actually run the business themselves?

So, take your snarky comments elsewhere, my friend. You are obviously being willfully dense on this subject.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You've obviously missed my logic completely. You mean that you expect us to believe that you've never heard of the idea of venture capital? People who bankroll or invest in a business venture that don't actually run the business themselves?

So, take your snarky comments elsewhere, my friend. You are obviously being willfully dense on this subject.
plus 1 for you Hoo...My uncle has business and was a millionaire at 29 he is now 50 and still making money he doesnt run them....my uncle has bankrolled business's and never ran them and again makes a fortune....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte