Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 AM

33 posts, read 78,124 times

Advertisements

Opening two restaurants at the Farms shopping center? I didn't know he was a chef, maybe that is why his football career didn't last long! By the way I give this venture no more then 2 yrs.
good Luck Dan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 AM

187 posts, read 549,436 times
Dan Morgan retired because he tore his Achilles tendon and had suffered five concussions. If you want the man to fail, at least be less transparent about it.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcurious View Post
...By the way I give this venture no more then 2 yrs.
good Luck Dan!
Please detail the reasons, given your obvious wealth of knowledge about what it takes to run a restaurant successfully, why you feel these places are destined for failure.

I'm breathless with anticipation....

Old 12-27-2008, 08:33 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
Quote:
Opening two restaurants at the Farms shopping center? I didn't know he was a chef, maybe that is why his football career didn't last long! By the way I give this venture no more then 2 yrs.
good Luck Dan!
Here's a recent thread - Sweet T's & Cheeze Moz-new in S.Charlotte

Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,760 times
Quote:
good Luck Dan!
I for one am very appreciative of Dan. He withstood quite a pounding from many Panther fans for circumstances that were out of his control. Yet, instead of taking his money and going back to where his family is from(PA & FL), he decided to stay and invest in YOUR and my city. For that I am thankful and wish him the best of luck.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:55 PM

33 posts, read 78,124 times
Hooligan, you might want to take your head out of the sand and look around and tell me how many dumb pro players invested there money in concepts they no NOTHING about! One to many hits to the head and they think they are entrepreneurs

Oh by the way ,its guys like you and jstn who go out once a month spend 50 bucks for the entire family for dinner then wonder why these place shut down!

sandchug, I do not wish for him or any business man to fail, but it is a true fact that these guys are getting involved in careers they have no clue about.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:47 PM

25 posts, read 68,473 times
Quote:
Hooligan, you might want to take your head out of the sand and look around and tell me how many dumb pro players invested there money in concepts they no NOTHING about! One to many hits to the head and they think they are entrepreneurs

Oh by the way ,its guys like you and jstn who go out once a month spend 50 bucks for the entire family for dinner then wonder why these place shut down!

sandchug, I do not wish for him or any business man to fail, but it is a true fact that these guys are getting involved in careers they have no clue about.
How do you know Morgan doesn't know anything about this? Do you know him personally? Do you know anything about him as a individual outside football? Do you know anything about his background? Just curious....

Alot of former athletes have done quite well in business, including our own Panthers owner Jerry Richardson.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:11 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:

I, for one, probably won't ever spend a dime at either of these locations. I don't get to the Ballantyne area too often.

However, I know lots of folks that have *invested* in businesses they don't have a clue how to run and been successful. Just because he's bannkrolling a project doesn't mean he's going to be standing behind the cash register/in front of the grill/doing the books himself.

One of us should take their head out of the sand, and I'm not sure it's me.

Oh, and I can think of lots of celebrities that don't know a thing about a business that bears their name. Arnold Palmer Cadillac comes to mind immediately. Somehow I don't believe that if I go to their showroom I'll see Arnie in there trying to lease me a CTS. Does that mean they don't turn a profit as a dealership?

Old 12-27-2008, 03:11 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Its really not the time to be opening another restaurant here.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:56 PM

414 posts, read 1,277,760 times
Quote:
Hooligan, you might want to take your head out of the sand and look around and tell me how many dumb pro players invested there money in concepts they no NOTHING about! One to many hits to the head and they think they are entrepreneurs.
I love how you accuse someone else of being dumb, and you have three grammatical errors in two sentences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte