Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,895,233 times

Advertisements

I thought I have seen the most bizarre posts, but with this one I take it back! Do you ask this of any person you so graciously give your business to? I mean, would you ask your tax accountant if he/she is gay friendly?

Old 02-07-2009, 07:13 AM

285 posts, read 800,291 times
well I've learned something today. so much for not discriminating

Old 02-07-2009, 07:14 AM

16 posts, read 37,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Back in May '08 you were very pleased with the responses rec'd here that CLT was not bias or "segregated" as one poster put it. You expressed your thanks and relief.

I find it "interesting" that you would now like to change that attitude that exists here so as to fit your personal agenda. Perhaps you would like to explain that and leave out the politics. Maybe just a little about your own personal insecurities not the "right wing". Buying a car is not so complicated and it fact it's pretty darn easy these days. Open up a local newpaper and open up your mind, great deals around.

Scheez, it's only a friggen car!
It's called networking. It's not really that radical of a concept. Not any different than people that attend a particular church looking in their weekly bulletin to find people and businesses to support. Yes, it is only a car, but it is still a significant expense.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I thought I have seen the most bizarre posts, but with this one I take it back! Do you ask this of any person you so graciously give your business to? I mean, would you ask your tax accountant if he/she is gay friendly?
Actually, my accountant is gay and he proudly advertises that fact. I found him because he is gay, but I continue to use his service because he is a good accountant. Being in a domestic partnership, and not legally married, we don't qualify for the same tax advantages as a married couple. So, having a gay accountant (Harvard grad MBA by the way) has been very important so that we can structure our income, investments, and expenses in ways that work best for us.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
Seems like Im only one willing to answer the op question..... hmmm

You should try the message board in the back of White Rabbit. Im sure there probably a few business cards posted there or someone in the store can give you a good recommendation

Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,702,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrvt View Post
It's called networking. It's not really that radical of a concept. Not any different than people that attend a particular church looking in their weekly bulletin to find people and businesses to support. Yes, it is only a car, but it is still a significant expense.

If you want to network join this board or a meet-up group. BTW I never thought your concept was "radical". More like, well before I continue let me say this is a waste of my time. Let's just leave it at mierda de toro I don't have the time or inclination to spend on this crappy thread.

Have a great sunny day and I hope your car search works out for you (and the other parts of your life)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-07-2009 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: english only please

Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,895,233 times
Quote:
Actually, my accountant is gay and he proudly advertises that fact. I found him because he is gay, but I continue to use his service because he is a good accountant. Being in a domestic partnership, and not legally married, we don't qualify for the same tax advantages as a married couple. So, having a gay accountant (Harvard grad MBA by the way) has been very important so that we can structure our income, investments, and expenses in ways that work best for us.
Just so you know, not that it matters to you, my husband is a tax accountant and does taxes for same sex couples in Massachusetts and Connecticut for years now. He has never been asked whether he was gay friendly, and he does watch out (more than he does for his other clients) for their interests and changes in the tax laws affecting them. He actually does more work for them as their returns have to be modified b/w the state and fed return. I just find it strange that you think you have to make that a criteria to get good service....

And like John said, over and out.....

Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Seems like Im only one willing to answer the op question..... hmmm

You should try the message board in the back of White Rabbit. Im sure there probably a few business cards posted there or someone in the store can give you a good recommendation
Thanks Sunny!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:24 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,896,480 times
Quote:
One car lease ends in March, the other in October. Looking for a gay or gay friendly automobile salesperson. Still not sure what make or model I'll end up with, or whether I'll buy this time or lease again. Currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which I love but I want something more fuel efficient... anyone have any recommendations for a good GLBT salesperson and/or a good vehicle? THANKS!
Sexual preferences are very important to car salespeople. You will notice in the small print of contracts that all warranties are null and void if it is descovered that the driver is gay. Furthermore, it has been a severe problem in Charlotte with sales clerks selling only gas guzzlers to gay people, your Jeep Grand Cherokee is a good example. However, it is easy to find a gay friendly sales clerk. Look on the back of the shirt and there will be the large pink letter "GF". I don't personally know any gay car salesmen to recommend. Would a bisexual be O.K.?

Old 02-07-2009, 08:27 AM

494 posts, read 1,349,449 times
PLEASE...go to a place who has a great reputation and good customer service.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-07-2009 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: flaming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte